Senior Data Modeling Engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About the role
This is a rare opportunity to influence and finish the build-out of SentinelOne’s best-in-class data ecosystem and business intelligence foundation for a rapidly growing cybersecurity company! Our global teams are at the front line of defense against cyberattacks, combining our industry-leading XDR platform and unmatched cyber security knowledge! We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and a thrill at driving streamlined data pipelines and having a crucial role in the future growth of every aspect of the company through data-driven insights. The ideal candidate will not want to code, and instead will use building custom code as a means of last resort, preferring off the shelf tools that do not require code.
What will you do?
- Hands-on build-out finalization of SentinelOne’s Business Data Ecosystem: including data standardization, enabling Self-service Analytics, delivering the company-wide data source of truth and visualization capabilities.
- Data modeling and creation of ERDs (entity relationship diagrams)
- Build analytics workflows based on requirements from data analysts and internal business partners.
- Ingest new data sources into the Business Data Ecosystem as required using existing tools first & developing code as the non-preferred option.
- Verify data governance policies are being followed and collaborate with data owners on any new data governance technology/capabilities as necessary.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders including product teams, data scientists, and internal functions (sales, marketing, support, finance, etc.) to gather and align on requirements & business value.
- Employ your skills & knowledge of GCP native capabilities to streamline & unlock data value across SentinelOne and expand your experience & expertise in delivering business value through industry best tools.
- Develop mitigation strategies and solutions to gaps that are identified.
- Work with data sets in the hundreds of petabytes scale.
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- Multiple years of hands-on experience in standing up and using data infrastructure, data analytics for a wide variety of business stakeholders using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) native capabilities (or AWS alternative stacks); Data ingestion & schema standardization for event, batch, and streaming models, Data Warehousing, Analytics experience and data optimization for BiqQuery.
- Proven experience and understanding of Python and SQL.
- Must be a strong team player and collaborator, open-minded to possibilities, and present objective perspectives based on data, experience, or research.
- Familiarity with the orchestration of data pipelines using event-based architecture.
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform or Pulumi.
- The optimal candidate will have a continual learner mentality and drive to deliver results and must be resolute in documentation development.
- Strong communication, change management skills, self-organization, and self-starting capabilities due to global team construct.
- Strong problem-solving skills, excellent troubleshooting skills, and being open-minded & passionate about solving problems vs. using one specific solution in all situations.
- Ability to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as the organization needs.
What we offer you
Salary from 3000 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays and Wellness days off (e.g. 6 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity, offsite etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.