Windows Low Level Software Engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
Over the top talented people who are capable to lead a feature through the whole development lifecycle. People that can explore, design, recommend and develop from scratch innovative ideas and drive a sophisticated product to production.
What will you do?
The Engines team is a key part of SentinelOne's all-star Windows EPP/EDR development group, and works on the core part of our business. We hold a significant importance and influence in enhancing the engine for detection & EDR, our model and the sensors in our product, owing to the company's strong emphasis on quality and ranking as #1 in Mitre Att&ck.
As a new member of our distributed development team of 12, you will work in both user-mode & kernel-mode, and deal with a large variety of fields. You will have the chance to design, develop primarily in modern C++ (20), test and debug the most complicated real world problems (often unseen before). In order to successfully deal with this challenge, you will continuously enrich your knowledge and experience with Windows OS internals and the Endpoint Protection as well as Endpoint Detection & Response eco-system.
Our team designs and executes significant new features, as well as rewrites and reimplements the existing ones from scratch. You will also deal with extraordinary performance & optimization challenges, given the scale of our cybersecurity SW (handling hundreds of billions of events every day).
- Your work will influence the security of tens of millions of Windows devices, that we protect at enterprise & government customers across the globe (incl. 5 of Fortune 10 and hundreds of Global 2000).
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- Multiple years of experience as a software developer in the area of low level programming
- 3+ years of experience in C++ or C
- Hands on experience and in-depth understanding of Windows OS design & internals, Windows low-level development, and with debugging of Windows applications and familiarity with related standard debugging and profiling tools
- Previous experience of working on a production-grade product with a wide scale deployment
- Great communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with peers from different time zones
It would be great if you have experience with /or You’d learn & gain on our team
- Windows Kernel development, security-oriented development, reversing or malware analysis
- Python knowledge
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
On top of that we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin, remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports, kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks & massages at the offices (+weekly yoga at Prague office or via Zoom)
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.