Senior Director, UX
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Senior Director of Product Design to lead SentinelOne’s UX teams in Prague, Czechia and Tel Aviv, Israel who will report to the VP of UX in San Francisco, CA USA. This leader will possess deep domain expertise in designing enterprise and cybersecurity software and be a fierce advocate for SentinelOne’s users, driving innovative product experiences while managing the practical needs of product development and people management.
You can be based anywhere in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Poland, Czechia, Spain, Israel or Italy to apply for this position.
What will you do?
As a strategic partner to Senior Leadership, you will employ strong storytelling skills and command of data-informed design methodologies, working collaboratively across the organization to deliver exceptional user experiences while balancing business and technology considerations. You’ll lead the team to translate complex concepts into workflows that are simple, clear, and trusted.
While understanding the interaction patterns and cybersecurity processes of today, you'll be able to imagine and articulate improved future states through design. You’ll grow the team that’s responsible for SentinelOne’s Design System, leveraging common design and component libraries to enable rapid prototyping and testing. As a leader of 15+ managers and designers, you’ll inspire, coach, and activate the team to do their best work.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams throughout the design process
- Partner with UXR to amplify research and impact products
- Influence stakeholders across organizations to gain support for design strategies
- Deliver innovative design solutions to user, product, and business problems
- Possess a track record of shipping high impact products in a fast-moving environment that celebrates experimentation, iteration, and customer satisfaction
- Own a holistic design process, system, or language across teams or products
- Advocate for product design across the organization
- Establish UX design practice as a way of understanding and driving strategic conversations in a complex problem space
- Own project priorities, including finding and aligning resources effectively
- Lead the team in a way that nurtures the unique strengths of each member, uniting them in a way that multiplies their effectiveness
- Foster a growth mindset so teams can iterate and experiment collaboratively to challenge the status quo and improve processes while creating future-facing product experiences
What skills and knowledge should you need to bring?
- Undergraduate degree in Design or equivalent experience
- 15 years of experience in UX Design
- 8 years managing and mentoring UX professionals
- Deep expertise in enterprise UX design and user research
- Familiarity with common research and design tools
- Proven experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional oral, written, and visual communication skills
- Fluent with service design and strategic design methods: information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, journey mapping, and visual design
- Experience leveraging AI/ML for enterprise and/or cybersecurity user experiences
- Experience managing all aspects of the product's digital life cycle, customer/user needs, personas, prioritization, and product goals
- Ability to leverage data, analytics, research, and business understanding to ensure product designs manage risk while delivering great user experiences
- Experience developing and leading healthy, diverse, and engaged teams
- Experience scaling UX methodologies for distributed teams within a global organization
- Understanding of the value of design systems, when to reuse and scale, and knowing when to contribute to make them better
- Experience with agile development methodology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate multiple priorities and successfully balance short-term needs while maintaining strategic vision
- A digital online portfolio is required
- You will be joining a cutting-edge company, where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays and Wellness days off (e.g. 6 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.