SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a committed, experienced and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to join our North America Accounting team, reporting to the Sr Director, Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing fixed assets activity, owning the internal-use software capitalization process, allocations of cloud costs, managing inventory activity, bringing prior experience in auditing, preferably from a Big 4 background. The Accounting Manager will play a crucial role in maintaining accurate financial records, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, and contributing to the overall success of our organization.
What will you do?
- Fixed Assets Management:
- Oversee the tracking, recording, and reporting of fixed assets, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor depreciation schedules, reconcile asset accounts, and perform regular audits to maintain data integrity.
- Own the aggregation of fixed assets data on a consolidated basis to facilitate external reporting.
- Internal-Use Software Capitalization:
- Own the process of capitalizing internal-use software development costs in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to accurately determine eligible costs for capitalization.
- Ensure compliance with capitalization policies and document related journal entries.
- Cloud Costs and Related Allocations:
- Take ownership of data analysis and the allocation of cloud-related costs to relevant business units or departments.
- Collaborate with R&D and finance teams to ensure accurate cost allocation methodologies.
- Provide insights and analysis on cloud cost utilization.
- Inventory Management:
- Establish and manage inventory-related accounting policies and processes, including valuation, and reconciliation.
- Coordinate with operations teams to ensure accurate recording of inventory transactions.
- Assist in the maintenance of inventory control procedures, and continuous improvement of inventory management practices.
- Internal Controls and Process Improvements:
- Leverage prior experience from a Big 4 auditing background to establish and maintain strong internal controls.
- Identify potential areas of risk and recommend improvements to enhance financial processes.Continuously assess and enhance accounting processes, systems, and procedures to optimize efficiency and accuracy.
- Propose and implement improvements to enhance financial processes.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance; CPA designation is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or a tech startup organization
- Prior 2+ years of experience in auditing required, with a preference for candidates with a background in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), cost accounting, fixed assets and internal-use software accounting principles
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with Netsuite, FloQast and Coupa are a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
You will be joining a cutting-edge company where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Industry-leading gender-neutral parental leave
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee stock purchase program
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events, including regular happy hours and team-building events
locations, a different pay range may apply. If so, this range will be provided to you during the recruiting
process. You can also reach out to the recruiter with any questions.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.