Senior Solution Engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
As a Sales Engineer you will deal with the initial consulting in the sales process with the most important and strategic opportunities. As an overlay your role is to assist the wider solutions engineering team to help demonstrate, POC and sell into the most demanding and complex of environments. The successful candidate will have a track record of working with some of the world’s largest enterprise accounts, ideally with expertise in the security industry. As a self-starter you will excel in a high-paced, startup environment and thrive on pitching a revolutionary technology to Dev-Ops, C-level executives, Cloud SOC engineers and security practitioners. You must be proficient with going into depth with all the touch-points of our solution. You will play an instrumental role in accelerating our cloud/container sales initiatives. Further, the ideal candidate should also be able to function as a business, information, and infrastructure architect in a pinch, at a minimum.
What will you do?
- Perform demonstrations of SentinelOne's Security products to prospective customers.
- Provide pre-sales support to the regional account teams on cloud and container-related topics.
- Act as a liaison between field sales teams and the Cloud Workload Security product management and development teams.
- Create example scripts, tools and templates as needed to serve the various deployment scenarios.
- Occasionally, give talks at live/online cloud security conferences.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Minimum of 12 years in Sales Engineering background, including a minimum of 4 years’ experience in cloud providers, cyber security, preferably endpoint security platforms and tooling
- Proven ability to achieve mastery of cloud, kubernetes and security technologies
- Demonstrable experience in objection handling and positioning against competitive technologies
- Demonstrable experience speaking to both small and large audiences
- Use concise written and oral communication skills to effectively lead business and technical presentations, demonstrations and conversations with both executives and technical audiences
- Must have demonstrable experience successfully selling to the largest of enterprise customers
- Provide senior 1st-level overlay technical pre-sales support throughout the sales process.
- Help drives and support the evaluation/POC process
- Some travel may be required when life returns to normal
- Expert Subject Matter Expertise across cloud and cyber security
- Good working knowledge of cloud security challenges
- Must have excellent and proven experience with:
- Linux based OSes
- DevOps tools and procedures
- Private Cloud Services and Architectures
- Public Cloud Services, areas such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc
- Virtualisation technologies
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud Automation: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Knowledge of release engineering such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, GitHub
- Scripting proficiency: shell scripting, python, PowerShell
- Should hold certifications with regards to AWS, MS Azure or GCP or other related cloud
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner internally and externally
- Ability to set and manage expectations with key customer and product management stake-holders and fellow SE team members
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives
- Exceptional written communication.
- Ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of SentinelOne’s products and solutions
- Understand and be conversant about SentinelOne’s competitors, their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions, and common enterprise IT processes.
You will be joining a cutting-edge company where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Industry-leading gender-neutral parental leave
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee stock purchase program
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events, including regular happy hours and team-building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.