Senior Data Engineer - Security Research Team
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who is passionate about data engineering and AI. We need someone who can contribute to the development and implementation of robust data solutions and can enhance our data capabilities for cyber security research. The ideal candidate has a strong background in data engineering, building distributed systems over a cloud environment, and is comfortable working with large-scale datasets for research purposes.
What will you do?
- As a Senior Data Engineer at SentinelOne, you will play a vital role in designing, building, and maintaining the data infrastructure required for effective research for developing cyber threat detections.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams across the entire company, including data scientists, cyber security researchers, product managers, and more.
- You will deliver innovative data solutions that will assist us to keep developing the best threat detection solution and protecting our customers.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering, data architecture, and distributed systems
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or similar languages
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, or Hive.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and technologies
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or similar.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly present and explain complex data and models to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in and passion for cybersecurity.
- Experience with MLOPs and working with data scientists.
Salary from 4000 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.