Staff Software Engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly skilled Staff Software Engineer to join our IT team at SentinelOne. As a Staff SWE, you will play a critical role in driving the implementation of tooling and automation platforms, as well as orchestrating the AI solutions we deploy.
What will you do?
- Perform software development, deployment and support of commercial and custom software solutions.
- Architect, Design, Develop and Support third party, custom and integration platforms and solutions. Support the company's SDLC concepts and change management practices.
- Cultivates strong relationships between business, IT, related outsourcing vendors, and software vendors. • Participate and occasionally lead custom software development solutions, AI, business intelligence, and integration with hardware, software, and data layers in software solutions
- Expert in various software development layers including front end, back end, middle layers, and full stack development.
- Lead, drive, and partake in SDLC methodologies including different degrees and combinations of Agile and waterfall methods.
- Subject Matter Expert leading integration of key business functions into architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of full stack (UI Frameworks, Business Logic, and Database) software solutions.
- Software Development (60-70% of time): Lead the implementation of new specifications, write tests to ensure code quality, and focus on stability and security. Review code and raise the overall quality, stability, and security of the codebase.
- Provide guidance and feedback to team members, considering broader patterns and dependencies.
- Build and Review Technical Specifications: Document trade-offs in solutions, critical implementation details, and pipelines. Review and provide feedback on technical specifications from other team members.
- Support/On-Call Rotation: Respond to and troubleshoot outage incidents, as well as fix newly discovered issues.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with team members to solve problems, provide feedback, and actively participate in team sync meetings and daily standups via Slack.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Strong foundation in building, configuring and maintaining software solutions at scale.
- Solid experience in designing and implementing high-scale distributed systems using modern languages such as Java, Scala, Go, or similar.
- Proficiency in tools and technologies such as Kafka, Splunk, S3, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, and GitHub.
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP, and FedRAMP.
- Passion for building elegant and simple distributed systems, and a track record of successfully delivering complex solutions.
- Enjoyment of collaborative development processes, including design discussions and code reviews.
- Desire to tackle technical challenges related to ingesting and processing petabytes of data on a daily basis.
- Ability to identify relevant improvements and solutions from the literature and apply them in production when appropriate.
- Deep understanding of technology trade-offs and the cost implications of different options to maintain system stability and scalability.
- Hands-on experience with Kafka is highly desirable.
You will be joining a cutting-edge company, where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry along with competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid/remote work model.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Flexible Paid Sick Days.
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws)
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units)
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Gym membership/sports gears by Cultfit.
- Wellness Coach app, with 3,000+ on-demand sessions, daily interactive classes, audiobooks, and unlimited private coaching.
- Private medical insurance plan for you and your family.
- Life Insurance covered by S1 (for employees)
- Telemedical app consultation (Practo)
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop.
- Home-office-setup allowances (one time) and maintenance allowance.
- Internet allowances.
- Provident Fund and Gratuity (as per govt clause)
- NPS contribution (Employee contribution)
- Half yearly bonus program depending on the individual and company performance.
- Above standard referral bonus as per policy.
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Sodexo food coupons.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.