Senior SW Engineering Manager
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join SentinelOne’s Singularity Data Lake team. Singularity Data Lake, is a Data Analytics platform that is tailored towards security use cases as well as log analytics use cases.. This team will be responsible for building and maintaining Data Lake APIs and integrations with internal and external ecosystem partners, such as SentinelOne Marketplace or Grafana.
As a manager, you will be responsible for building the API & ecosystem team. Play a key role in defining the team strategy, architecture, and working procedures. You will interact with peer engineering managers, architects, product management, sales, and marketing.
What will you do?
- Build a high-performing agile team, from hiring to establishing Agile practices.
- Help grow team members to their maximum potential
- Define, evangelize, and maintain the strategy and vision for APIs & ecosystem within the SentinelOne Data Lake applications.
- Establish R&D priorities for what needs to be developed and when.
- Engage cross-functionally with platform engineering teams, customers, partners, product groups, sales engineering, and solution architects to deliver best-in-class product solutions.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- 5+ years of hands-on development, ideally having been part of implementing highly scalable APIs for first party and third party integrations.
- 5+ years of leadership of a team of 8+ people in an enterprise-level SaaS organization.
- Excellent planning and project execution skills
- Customer focus, and operational excellence to ensure good hygiene for on-call rotations..
- Programming experience in python, golang, java or rust.
- Experience with SaaS platforms and cloud-native technologies.
- Action-oriented mindset with a proven track record of balancing the delivery of long-term goals and short-term objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to properly translate and articulate positioning and requirements.
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams and team members in different time zones.
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports, kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks, massages at the offices & weekly yoga at Prague office/via Zoom
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.