Staff DevOps Engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About the Team
We're looking for a Staff Engineer (technical leader) for our DevOps team, a group that designs and builds tools & solutions, that will give our engineers greater control over internal systems while accelerating the development process & improving their ability to deliver software in a sustainable manner. We work throughout the DevOps pipeline, starting from the SCM and repository management through build and automation orchestration until the deployment and configuration steps.
On our team you will be tackling greenfield & transformational projects (e.g. adoption of ArgoCD & moving whole SentinelOne (S1) infrastructure to GitOps approach), while working to improve the long-term sustainability of the S1 engineering model.
Engineers at S1 work in a highly collaborative environment, one size does not fit all so please bring your bag of tricks and ability to teach them to others!
What you will be doing
- Working on systems & tools that allow our engineers to deliver features for SentinelOne safely, quickly, and reliably
- Support Engineering teams and help them to adopt and utilize DevOps practices
- Owning key metrics around performance, throughput, and failure rates
- Building and maintaining CI/CD and DevOps infrastructure
- Improving SDLC and development efficiency
What experience or knowledge should you bring?
- Several years of exp. & passion for building highly scalable, reliable internal CI/CD processes, platforms, and tools; if required you can research, troubleshoot, and diagnose problems
- Prior exp. in the development life cycle - as a software engineer
- Proven techlead abilities, and possessing great soft & communication skills and ability to present & defend your concept
- Good command of languages like Python or Golang (we're moving more towards Go)
- Solid knowledge of GitOps tools (such as ArgoCD/flux) and Jenkins (we're moving to GitHub Actions), exp. with Kubernetes, Helm and AWS (other cloud solutions are a plus - we also use GCP & FedRAMP)
- Great knowledge of Infrastructure as a code tools (Terraform - which we use; or Pulumi)
- Understanding of CI/CD security core principles, familiarity with DevSecOps projects
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Networking foundations: TCP/IP, DNS, Load-balancers, network security
What traits we also value
- Excellence as a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, pushes the limits, and has a can-do attitude
- Be a constant learner who is looking to solve interesting, complex and challenging problems
- A growth mindset, someone who is keen to learn and continuously improve & help others improve
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin, remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports, kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments & snacks at the offices (+weekly massages & yoga at Prague office)
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity, etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.