Staff macOS Software Engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are continuously expanding the capabilities of SentinelOne, actively listening to customers and responding to their needs. We are looking for an experienced SW engineer for macOS who will be directly involved in our core technology, ensure we are always staying ahead of cybercriminals and deliver best-in-class detection.
We have plenty of new exciting features planned that we would love to offer in our Endpoint security product for macOS, and therefore we're growing the team. In this role you should be excited about focusing primarily on new development (cca 70-80% of time).
What will you do?
At SentinelOne you will be a part of our organization of globally distributed system and kernel developers who work deeply within the 3 main OS’s of the world: Windows, Linux and macOS. We are responsible for researching and identifying emerging issues and providing appropriate responses. We also work closely with Support, Sales (in order to win multi million dollar deals), other SW Engineers, and Quality Assurance to ensure any new issues are quickly addressed and then made a part of the ongoing releases.
- You will be working in a team that is responsible for everything macOS-related from S1 core technology, running on millions of endpoints (in different environments, from C levels to developers) across thousands of clients worldwide.
- You will participate in implementation and design decisions around improving agent architecture and new feature development.
- Your role will also involve responding to events that occur in the field, root causing them, and issuing patches when needed.
- On our team we have research & development flexibility - and therefore you could enjoy opportunities in internals research, detection research and large development projects.
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- Several years of engineering experience on macOS and strong proficiency coding in Objective-C (or strong Linux & C/C++ experience and openness to learn macOS development)
- Understanding of macOS user space and internals
- Experience in systematically root-causing complex OS systems
- Developing OS drivers & extensions or with more than one OS is a plus
- Managing escalations or issues requiring highly coordinated efforts to identify service restoration
- System performance analysis and mitigations and large-scale event processing systems
- Cybersecurity experience or exposure to macOS endpoint security platforms
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will be using the latest tools and technologies, tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
What we offer you?
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly, stock refresh yearly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports, kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks, massages at the offices & weekly yoga at Prague office/via Zoom
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.