Senior Manager, Sales Commission
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Commission to lead our sales commission team. This is a highly visible, people manager role which will be responsible for every aspect of sales commission including input on design, implementation, administration, and analytics. This role will report into the Senior Director, Sales Compensation on the Total Rewards team and work closely with senior leaders across Sales, People, and Finance. This role will ensure our salespeople are paid accurately, on time, and in a compliant and transparent manner. This role will have two direct report. The larger Total Rewards team is remote-first, so this role can be located anywhere within the United States.
What will you do?
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive sales commission strategy that aligns with the company's sales objectives and financial goals.
- Manage end-to-end monthly commission processes to ensure timely and accurate calculation, validation, and payment of all sales commissions.
- Resolve any discrepancies or issues related to commission calculations and payments.
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure accurate forecasting and budgeting related to sales commissions.
- Implement and manage commission tracking software and tools; ensure they are updated and used effectively.
- Coordinate with IT and sales operations teams to ensure systems are properly integrated.
- Streamline and optimize the commission processes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all sales commission-related inquiries.
- Develop and maintain clear documentation related to sales commission policies and procedures.
- Provide training and guidance to the sales team on the commission structure, calculation methods, and any changes or updates.
- Regularly analyze commission payouts to ensure they are in line with budgetary expectations.
- Provide detailed reports on commission payouts, sales performance, and any discrepancies or anomalies.
- Work closely with sales leadership to understand the impact of the commission structure on sales behavior and performance.
- Ensure that all commission processes comply with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Periodically audit commission calculations and payments to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Coordinate with legal and finance teams to ensure contractual obligations related to commissions are met.
- Manage and mentor any direct reports within the sales commission team.
- Promote a culture of transparency, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the team.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- 10+ years Sales Commissions or equivalent Finance experience
- Deep understanding of commissions best practices, models, and analytics.
- Expert in data analytics and modeling with tools such as Excel (can perform complex functions and scenario modeling).
- Strong people manager, someone who has built and managed a team of Sales Commission SMEs.
- Experience managing and implementing commission software applications such as Varicent, Xactly, Callidus.
- Understanding of salesforce.com or other CRM applications and data.
- Experience interacting & supporting sales teams & sales management.
- Excellent collaboration skills; ability to partner cross functionality.
- Confidence to engage with & present to senior leadership across sales, people, & finance.
- Detail-oriented, and committed to quality and accuracy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related fields.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of core People programs at SentinelOne. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry. We also offer amazing total rewards programs, including the following:
- Flexible work arrangements (remote or hybrid OK)
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Open PTO
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including in-person collaboration and team-building events
locations, a different pay range may apply. If so, this range will be provided to you during the recruiting
process. You can also reach out to the recruiter with any questions.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.