Senior Software Engineer - Security Applications
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About Your Role and the Team:
Our mission is to elevate our Singularity Data-Lake security applications portfolio by introducing leading-edge solutions and features.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer with the ability to lead features and inspire others. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing new functionalities for the Singularity Data-Lake products, which process several Petabytes of data daily.
If you are a versatile engineer with a sharp product sensibility, you'll have remarkable opportunities to directly influence how our customers utilize our platform for threat hunting and building cutting-edge threat intelligence solutions. Our roadmap includes an array of exciting new functionalities and ambitious cost and performance objectives to efficiently process vast amounts of data, all to the advantage of our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Software Development (70-80% of the time)
- Formulate and review technical specifications
- Architect comprehensive backend solutions for complex features with loosely defined problem statements
- Enhance the quality, stability, and security of the entire team's codebase
- Conduct code reviews
- Contribute to the on-call rotation, responding to and triaging production incidents
- Assist team members in problem-solving, offer constructive feedback, and participate in daily scrum standups
- Our new components are primarily developed in Go, with extensive use of Java and Python in our current backend environment.
- Communication between microservices is facilitated using gRPC, REST, GraphQL APIs, and Kafka, depending on specific requirements.
- We rely on Redis for caching and have our columnar time-series database for efficient event storage and retrieval at scale.
What You should have:
- Proficiency in managing large-scale systems and a track record in architecting them
- Familiarity with AWS, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, and GitHub
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience, shaping best practices and driving their adoption
- Ability to swiftly delve into new products and comprehend their inner workings
- Proven capacity to collaborate effectively with both local and remote teams across various time zones
- Excellent communication skills, as you'll regularly liaise with product and other engineering teams
- A huge plus would be previous experience in developing security-related products
If you're excited about the evolving landscape of cybersecurity and aspire to make a tangible impact, join our team and contribute to shaping the future of digital security.
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Cafeteria points (5.000 CZK/month), which you can spend on leisure & sports (e.g. discounted MultiSport card), kindergarten/school fees, travel etc.
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments, snacks, massages at the offices & weekly yoga at Prague office/via Zoom
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.