Software Engineer in Test - Detection
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
About the role
Our Validation Group is seeking for an experienced automation engineer with a passion for code, quality and also cybersecurity. People who start by understanding the product’s “guts” and then find ways to beat it.
We're looking for a new team member who is versatile and knows exactly how to improve processes and make them more efficient to make sure we have a winning product (that is capable of handling billions of events daily from the tens of millions of endpoints we protect among enterprise & public sector clients across the globe, incl. 3 of Fortune 10 and hundreds of Global 2000).
- Design and implement automation tests in all components of SentinelOne product with main focus on Detection (e.g. API testing, client-server testing, E2E testing etc.)
- Checking the quality of our cybersecurity solution - "pentesting" kind of work
- Triage and automate the triaging of test execution results
- Ensure coverage on critical components and close any test gaps that have been identified
- Work closely with the global team to ensure communication of automation & test execution
What experience or knowledge should you bring?
- Proven experience in test automation using Python
- Previous experience in testing cybersecurity software products
- Ability to reproduce issues and work closely with development to resolve
- Debugging experience and ability to investigate and triage difficult problems
- Experience in SW validation methodologies and concepts, testing and integration
- Strong self-management capabilities: proactive, initiative, self-learner
- Experience with building and maintaining Jenkins jobs
It’d be great if you have experience with / or You’d learn & gain on our team:
- Knowledge of OS internals or administration
- SW development or Penetration testing experience
- Familiarity with VMWare or other virtualizations
What we offer you
Salary from 3000 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays and Wellness days off (e.g. 6 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity, offsite etc.)
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.