Staff Software Engineer - Platform Engineering team
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you have a significant impact on how our customers gain visibility into their security posture. You should be passionate about building systems from scratch, thrive in a complex large-scale environment, and be eager to contribute to the success of our next-generation cloud-based data pipeline.
What will you do?
- Design and implement scalable and efficient backend systems from scratch.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, architecture design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and enhance the SentinelOne management console, which aggregates data and provides insights and applications to our customers.
- Work on critical topics such as authentication/authorization, scoping, permissions/hierarchy, and audit logging.
- Evangelize best practices in technology, including design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Contribute to the establishment and promotion of coding standards and frameworks.
- Anticipate, refactor, and mitigate potential bugs and vulnerabilities to ensure code quality and reliability.
- Perform integration and end-to-end testing to validate features.
- Enhance the observability of existing code for better diagnosis and monitoring.
- Debug production issues and provide quality fixes.
- Understand the architecture and dependencies of the feature area and contribute to its design and architecture.
- Review the work of other team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with product teams to refine feature requirements and prioritize work based on customer value.
- Deliver features with timeliness and quality, ensuring they meet customer needs.
- Foster a culture of feedback and actively seek and provide constructive feedback to teammates and managers.
- Handle disagreements respectfully and approach them with curiosity and data-driven discussions.
- Mentor teammates and share knowledge in an open, respectful, and empathetic manner.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 4+ years of experience in developing high-performance micro-service-based backend systems.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages for backend development, such as Go, Java, Kotlin, Python, C++, Rust, or C#.
- Experience developing cloud-native solutions and working with data pipelines.
- Familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with the Kafkawith Kafka ecosystem (pub/sub, Kafka Connect) is a big advantage.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS or other cloud platforms is desirable.
- Previous experience with large-scale management systems and performance optimization is a plus.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
On top of that we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin, remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.