Senior Backend Engineer (Go) - Cloud & Linux Security
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend developer, who looks at the world differently, who explores, lives to beat the system and challenge it, who is going to take part in building our next generation cloud workload security offering. We are looking for a versatile colleague that is able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies or has an existing breadth of diverse experience.
What will you do?
You will take part in the architecture, design and implementation of a multi-disciplinary cloud native software platform that will serve thousands of users (from enterprise & public sector clients across the globe, incl. some of the largest companies globally) and billions of events daily as part of SentinelOne's security offering. You will be building distributed systems, E2E pipelines that serve all our customers in the area of Linux & Cloud security. As a software engineer at S1, you will deal with extraordinary performance and optimization challenges, given the scale of our cybersecurity services (often handling hundreds of thousands or even millions of requests per second).
Join us as we strive for new heights of success, utilizing our unparalleled protection for cloud workloads to push the limits of what's possible!
- Software Development (70-85% of time), Mostly in Go
- E2E ownership over the delivered software, Testing/CI/CD/K8S/Helm/Monitoring/Alerting/Performance/COGS(How much does it cost to run this piece of software)/optimisations etc
- Conduct Research/High Level designs and low level designs of new features
- Peer code reviews; Participate in team's design reviews
- Learn new technologies mostly in the areas of complex distributed systems in the cloud
- Attend daily and weekly scrum ceremonies
- Have Fun at SentinelFun :)
Our stack: Most of our new components are written in Go (cca 90%) and we use Python for older pieces of our SW. For communication between our micro-services we're using REST API and Kafka, depending on the requirements. We are working with PostgreSQL, mongoDB, DynamobDB and Cassandra.
What experience or knowledge should you bring?
- Multiple years of hands-on experience with Python or Go (a huge plus) or Java/C#/C++
- A degree in Computer Science/Software engineering OR a comparable experience from well renowned companies
- Ability to quickly dive into new products and understand their inner working
- Self-driven and open-minded individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud platforms, as well as Docker, Helm & Kubernetes
- Interest in future development in leadership track (either IC or management)
- Experience with large scale management systems, performance and scaling
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
What we offer you
Salary from 4000 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly
- Meal Allowance (maximum value of the employer’s contribution per day: €4.29)
- Wellbeing Allowance (€120/month)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.