Staff Software Engineer (Java, Go) - Singularity Platform
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer with the ability to lead features and inspire others. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing new functionalities for the Singularity Platform. Singularity Platform, is a common foundation enabling seamless implementation of Singularity XDR security use-cases on top of the Singularity Data Lake and integration of SentinelOne ecosystem with 3rd-party security ecosystems via SentinelOne Marketplace.
You should be passionate about building systems from scratch, thrive in a complex large-scale environment, and be eager to contribute to the success of our next-generation Singularity Platform.
What will you do?
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, architecture design, coding, testing, and deployment of scalable and efficient backend systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and enhance the SentinelOne Singularity Platform, which aggregates data and provides insights and applications to our customers.
- Evangelize best practices in technology, including design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Foster a culture of feedback and actively seek and provide constructive feedback to teammates and managers.
- Mentor teammates and share knowledge in an open, respectful, and empathetic manner.
Your stack: primarily modern Java, Golang, but you might also come across Kotlin; Kubernetes, Docker, AWS/GCP, Kafka, Github etc.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 4+ years of experience in developing high-performance micro-service-based backend systems.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages for backend development, such as Go, Java, Kotlin, Python.
- Experience developing cloud-native solutions and working with data pipelines.
- Familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with the Kafka ecosystem (pub/sub, Kafka Connect) is a big advantage.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS or other cloud platforms is desirable.
- Previous experience with large-scale management systems and performance optimization is a plus.
What we offer you
Salary from 4500 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly
- Meal Allowance (maximum value of the employer’s contribution per day: €4.29)
- Wellbeing Allowance (€120/month)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.