Technical Revenue Manager (Remote in PST/MST)
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What Are We Looking For?
We are seeking an experienced Technical Revenue Accounting Manager to join our North America Accounting team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Revenue. This position will provide revenue recognition guidance to the business, review contracts, perform monthly and quarterly close processes for revenue, reconcile and validate deferred revenue and other accounts, book all required reserves and adjustments, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and executives. The ideal candidate will be able to lead technical revenue accounting functions, drive process improvements, mentor team members and provide insightful reporting and analysis.
What Will You Do?
- Support monthly closing activities including, but not limited to: reviewing non-routine revenue transactions, performing accounting assessments, reviewing customer contracts, preparing accurate journal entries, and documenting revenue conclusions
- Ensure compliance with SOX through the performance of control procedures
- Lead the SSP analysis, providing conclusions and recommendations
- Research, resolve, and operationalize complex and non-routine revenue accounting transactions
- Research guidance and update technical accounting memos and policies
- Perform evaluation of the commission capitalization and accounting treatment
- Build and maintain relationships with sales, legal, and finance business partners
- Support revenue/billing automation projects as required
- Collaborate with other teams to stay on top of upcoming revenue projects; identify accounting risks and work with team to address them
- Coordinate and project/task-manage priorities internally within the revenue accounting team
- Proactively identify areas for improvements throughout the deal lifecycle and implement best-in-class practices that align with SentinelOne culture
- Work with external auditors, prepare and review support packages to ensure the company is compliant with ASC 606
What Skills and Experience Will You Need?
- Strong familiarity with the technical aspects of ASC 606 including prior experience with multi-element arrangements and review of contracts with revenue-impacting terms; software or SaaS ASC 606 revenue accounting experience required
- 4-6 years total accounting experience; 3-5 years of public accounting experience at a Big 4 or large regional firm preferred
- Proficient Excel skills and Microsoft Office tool experience required (e.g. datasets, pivot tables, xlookups, etc.)
- Ability to understand accounting system setup and design required; experience with NetSuite and SFDC preferred
- Experience with hands-on coaching with team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related area
- You will be joining a cutting-edge company, where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Industry-leading gender-neutral parental leave
- Paid company holidays
- Paid sick time
- Employee stock purchase program
- Disability and life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team-building events
locations, a different pay range may apply. If so, this range will be provided to you during the recruiting
process. You can also reach out to the recruiter with any questions.
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.