XDR detection engineer
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our XDR Default Rules Team. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in cybersecurity, with a focus on rule development for XDR or similar platforms. We are looking for team players, adept at crafting precise and effective detection rules, and committed to staying at the forefront of cybersecurity advancements. If you are passionate about contributing to innovative cybersecurity solutions, come join us and be part of our dynamic team at SentinelOne.
We are at the forefront of the most dominant space of the Cyber Security market. You'll be working closely with some of the best researchers on the planet on the most innovative and challenging features that will shape the future of Cyber Security. You will be part of a truly global team that is rapidly growing around the world, on an amazing journey of success. You will work with great people in an open, fun environment, and you will be part of an organization that truly values its people.
What will you do?
As a Cloud XDR Rules Engineer, you will be at the forefront of developing default rules that leverage cloud data sources to bolster our XDR capabilities. Your role will involve collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure that rules are aligned with cloud security best practices, integrating with cloud-native services, and providing cutting-edge threat detection solutions.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the development of default rules that harness cloud data sources for threat detection.
- Ensure that rules are optimized for cloud-native environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Develop strategies for correlating detection events across multiple cloud platforms, enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of detection rules.
- Conduct rigorous analysis of false positives associated with cloud-specific rules.
- Contribute to optimization efforts to minimize false positives and enhance rule accuracy in cloud environments.
- Stay current with cloud security best practices, industry trends, and emerging technologies.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for cloud-specific default rules.
- Share knowledge and best practices with team members to foster continuous learning.
What experience or knowledge should you bring?
- Proven experience in rule development for XDR or similar platforms, with a specific focus on leveraging cloud data sources.
- Strong understanding of cloud-native environments, APIs, and services (AWS, Azure, GCP) and their logs (CloudTrail as an example)
- Proficiency in scripting languages, including Python, for rule development and automation.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices, frameworks, and compliance standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.