Senior Software Engineer - Windows Low Level
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Software Engineer with a strong background in low-level programming and a deep understanding of Windows internals to join one of our Platform group team. SentinelOne’s Platform group is in charge of some of our most complex low-level areas, such as Windows agent’s Anti-Tampering (self-protection from a malware attempting to harm the agent), network sensors, and other kernel-side features involving both research and development.
By joining this team you will collaborate with talented Engineers who are leading a feature through the whole development lifecycle. Your work will have an impact on millions of endpoints in one of the mainstream areas of the EPP/EDR agent.
What will you do?
- As a new member of our distributed development team, you will work in both user-mode & kernel-mode, and deal with a large variety of fields. You will have the chance to design, develop primarily in modern C++ (20), test and debug the most complicated real world problems (often unseen before). In order to successfully deal with this challenge, you will continuously enrich your knowledge and experience with Windows OS internals and the Endpoint Protection as well as Endpoint Detection & Response eco-system.
- Our team designs and executes significant new features, as well as rewrites and reimplements the existing ones from scratch. You will also deal with extraordinary performance & optimization challenges, given the scale of our cybersecurity SW (handling hundreds of billions of events every day).
- Your work will influence the security of tens of millions of Windows devices, that we protect at enterprise & government customers across the globe (incl. 5 of Fortune 10 and hundreds of Global 2000)
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in the area of low level programming.
- 3+ years' experience in C and C++.
- Hands on experience and In-depth understanding of OS design and internals, preferably Windows.
- Hands on experience with Windows low-level development
- Windows Kernel development experience
- Deep hands-on familiarity with standard debugging and profiling tools for Windows.
- Previous experience of working on a production-grade product with a wide scale deployment
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with peers from different time zones.
- Problem solving and Out-of-the-box thinking
It would be an advantage, if you have
- WFP, NDIS or Device driver development experience
- Security-oriented development, reversing or malware analysis experience
- Python knowledge
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin (brand new Missouri Park), remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.