Senior Backend Software Engineer, Detection Operations
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
The Detection Engineering organization is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our new Detection Operations team. This team is responsible for cloud automation and orchestration for SentinelOne detection engine and content delivery services. This role is a rare opportunity to join a new engineering team and contribute to team culture, architecture, design and delivery of new greenfield systems.
Software engineers on the Detection Operations team design and build innovative cloud orchestration systems that coordinate millions of end-user machines, in a global environment where adversaries are actively working to limit our detection capabilities. Engineers on the team also address the complexities of cutting edge cloud infrastructure design (canary deployments, multivariate testing, anomaly detection, etc), in close partnership with our other data scientists, data engineers, security researchers, and software engineers in the Detection Engineering organization.
What you will be doing
- Innovate, lead and contribute to backend distributed systems and delivery pipelines to improve the SentinelOne product
- Write and maintain primarily backend code in several languages, e.g. Python, Golang, integrating with related technologies, e.g. AWS/GCP, CI/CD, databases, messaging systems
- Design for scalability, security, and reliability across a globally distributed computing environment
What you will bring along
- Experience with developing and maintaining software products with high quality and over multiple years
- Comfortable with creating and maintaining backend cloud systems
- Demonstrated experience learning and willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Willingness and ability to work in a diverse, globally distributed team
Experience / interest in some of these areas are a bonus
- Building CI/CD pipelines, distributed systems, and/or data engineering
- Communication and organization in large, distributed teams
- Security products, especially detection systems and/or machine learning
- Full-stack development, especially data visualization and orchestration
What we offer you
Salary from 4500 EUR/month.
Yearly % bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments.
*The final base salary component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
On top of that you may look forward to:
- Flexible working hours & Full remote within Slovakia; optional membership in Regus co-working spaces; in Czechia we also have offices in Prague or Brno
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1 year cliff and then quarterly
- Meal Allowance (maximum value of the employer’s contribution per day: €4.29)
- Wellbeing Allowance (€120/month)
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too - mostly in Czechia expensed as business trip (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.