Staff Software Engineer (Java) - Security Graph
SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
We're excited to expand our team with passionate and skilled backend engineers. Our team will be key to improving the day-to-day experience of threat investigators around the world by giving them new ways to view, interpret, and take action on security data. Because our team’s work is closely tied to the user’s experience of our platform, your work will have an outsized impact on the company and on future customer-facing features. If you thrive in an environment where collaboration, creativity, and technical excellence are valued, we're looking for you!
You will be joining one of the fastest growing publicly-traded SaaS companies, with a mission to ‘Secure Tomorrow™’. Together through our SW, we will serve thousands of users from security teams at enterprise & government customers across the globe (incl. 5 of Fortune 10 and hundreds of Global 2000), protect tens of millions of endpoints, clouds & identities, and handle hundreds of billions of events & several petabytes of data ingests every day.
What will you do? A day in the life:
- Software Development (70-80% of your time)
Dive deep into coding, turning innovative specs into reality. Write robust tests, tackle bugs with finesse, and ensure top-notch security in your code.
- Code Review
Champion code quality, security, and efficiency. Your keen eye for detail will guide you in reviewing and elevating our codebase.
- Technical Specifications
Articulate the rationale behind your technical choices and document key implementation details. Engage in thoughtful discussions, providing and receiving insightful feedback on specifications.
- Support and On-Call Rotation
Be a problem-solver. Respond to and troubleshoot outage incidents, and address security issues promptly. The oncalls are on SW engineer level, and have the schedule of one 24/7 week per x weeks per x of team members, and managed via pagerduty.
- Team Collaboration
Be a team player. Assist your colleagues, share constructive feedback, and contribute to our weekly syncs and daily Slack standups.
What You Bring to the Table?
We do not require a perfect match with everything below; however, the more this describes you, the better of a fit you will be for this role!
- Solid computer science background with 5+ years engineering experience.
- Proven expertise in designing and operating distributed systems.
- Technical Mastery
- Strong proficiency in Java (4+ years of experience).
- You value elegant code that is concise and readable.
- Have you used tools like Jenkins, Helm, Docker? Do you have infrastructure experience with AWS, GCP, K8s, etc? Great, that helps!
- A Collaborative, Curious, and Practical Mindset
If this sounds like you, we should talk:
- Your passion for understanding and solving complex engineering challenges is matched by your pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- You're comfortable weighing in on CAP theorem considerations, and are energized by selecting the data structure with the perfect trade-offs for a problem at hand.
- You believe that honing ideas and technical designs with other engineers is crucial for achieving an optimal solution.
- You value asking good questions, because you believe “a problem well-stated is half-solved.”
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
On top of that we offer you
- Flexible working hours, In Prague & nearby we're working in a hybrid model with offices in Karlin, remotely in the rest of CZ or SK, with optional Brno offices (Clubco Vlněna) for those who like to meet
- Generous employee stock plan in the form of RSUs (restricted stock units) not options; 4 years vesting with 1-year cliff and then quarterly
- Yearly bonus depending on the performance of the company, paid out in 2 installments
- Flexible Time Off (on top of the standard 5 weeks of vacation)
- Flexible Paid Sick Days
- Fully Paid Short Term Sick/Short Term Nursing Leave
- Global gender-neutral Parental Leave (16 weeks, beyond the leave provided by the local laws) & Grandparent Leave
- Volunteering paid day off & Additional paid Company holidays off (e.g. 4 days in 2022)
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium Life Insurance covered by S1
- Monthly Meal & Wellbeing Allowance
- Private medical care membership
- Global Employee Assistance Program (confidential counseling related to both personal and work life matters)
- High-end MacBook or Windows laptop, Home-office-setup gear & on top of that additional WFH Allowance
- Udemy Business platform for Hard/Soft skills Training, internal mentoring 'MentorOne' & Support for your further educational activities/trainings
- Above-standard referral bonus
- On top of RSUs, you can benefit also from our attractive ESPP (employee stock purchase plan)
- Refreshments and snacks at the offices
- Optional company events for those who like to meet outside of work too (sport, BBQ, charity etc.)
- DEI&B programs that promote employee resource groups like SentinelWIN (Women Inclusion Network), Blk@S1, Latinos@S1, Pan-Asian@S1, Out@S1 (LGBTQIA+) and Sentinels Who Served
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.