Who we are.
Solo enables companies to Connect, Secure and Observe modern applications – APIs, Microservices and Data – with the industry’s leading API and Service Mesh Management Platform (“Gloo”). Solo innovations allow companies to stay on the leading edge of both technology and business possibilities.
Solo is a VC-backed company, founded in 2017 by Idit Levine. In 2021, Solo was valued at $1B. Solo’s customers are some of the largest in the world, spanning all geographies and industries. Solo’s team has deep expertise in Cloud Computing, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, APIs, Security, Microservice Applications, Application Modernization, GraphQL, and eBPF.
About the role.
We are looking for an individual to join as a Solutions Engineer! This person will be collaborating as a pre-sales technical professional to align the customer’s technical challenges with their outcomes.
The main focus of this role is to work alongside Sales Executives while providing a technical introduction of our solutions to customers. The field engineering role provides architectural guidance through understanding our customer's challenges and leading them through proof-of-concept use of Solo solutions.
We require a French-speaking individual for this role and for this person to be based out of France or the UK.
- Apply skills as the in-depth seasoned professional to understand a customer’s technical challenges and help them achieve their desired outcomes by building compelling solutions using Solo.io products
- Lead discovery calls with our sales team to better understand customer challenges related to their cloud migrations, microservices environments, and legacy infrastructure
- Deliver product presentations, demos, and workshops as needed
- Plan and execute proof of concepts to validate Solo.io solutions
- Proactively guide customers through architectural challenges and integration of cloud-native platforms, such as Kubernetes, and Solo.io products
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, sales teams, and product teams
- Establish and maintain knowledge of the product portfolio, related technologies, and the competitive landscape
- Work with consulting and customer success to help customers successfully adopt Solo.io solutions
- Evangelize Solo.io products and related technology through speaking engagements (conferences, meetups, webinars) and content (blogs, articles, videos)
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a technical sales process
- Experience building automation using GitOps
- While work is primarily completed virtually, must be willing to travel up to 30% for events, training, and customer meeting if needed
What you’ll love about Solo.
At Solo, our culture is all about hiring great people, creating a fun and fast-paced work culture, and letting our teams work with our customers to successfully solve their challenges.
Solo works collaboratively with our customers, partners and open source communities to deliver technology innovation, technology solutions, architectural best-practices, and hands-on education. Solo uses a unique engagement model with our customers that allows us to quickly make them successful, and continue to work closely with them as their production environments grow.
Solo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.