Temporary Deal Desk Manager [IC3]
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate AI coding assistant, as well as our Code Search product, which helps devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and preparing for a world where a lot more code gets written.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
Sourcegraph is looking for a Temporary (approximately 16 weeks) Deal Desk Manager to join our team! This is a cross-functional role and the person filling it will partner closely across Finance, Accounting, SalesOps, and the Go-To-Market (“GTM”) teams to run the Deal Desk function. Reporting to the Controller, you will provide Deal Desk support for our dynamic and collaborative team across the globe. Additionally, this individual will have exciting opportunities to implement and improve processes that support Sourcegraph’s rapid growth.
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your peers.
- You will understand the what, why, and how of the projects that your business partner teams are working on, how those projects contribute to our company goals, as well as current status, risks, and mitigations.
- Provide general support and respond to inquiries from the Revenue Organization around bookings, sales activities, and reporting
Within three months:
- Partner with our sales, customer success, finance, and legal team leaders to define standard and non-standard deal criteria and related approval processes.
- Manage the day-to-day optimization of non-standard deals and serve as the primary point of contact for sales, finance, and legal in these transactions.
- Manage current and future state quote-to-close processes, including quote creation, quote approval, contract generation, contract signatures, contract management, and order completion.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 3-5 Years relevant experience in Deal Desk, Legal, Accounting, Sales, or Sales Operations.
- Displays a high-level of intellectual curiosity about our business, not scared to ask questions, displays an eagerness to learn and has a bias towards action.
- Flexibility: Can thrive in a start-up environment, self-motivated, detail-oriented, analytical with demonstrated problem solving skills and have sound business decision making skills in a fast growing/fast paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce CPQ (or other quoting systems) working directly with Sales Reps and Sales Leadership on standard and non-standard deals, the RFX deliverables.
- Deep understanding of SaaS contract structuring and ability to communicate potential financial and business impacts
- Experience in leading internal Deal Desk forums; familiarity with the GAAP and best practice revenue recognition criteria.
Nice to haves:
- Start up experienceSalesforce CPQ experienceExperience working with Accounting to automate billing
📊 This job is an IC3. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
💰 The target compensation for this role is $57.63 / hour USD. Please read more about how we engage with temporary contractors in our handbook here!
👋 Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
🧑💻 Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team, including cross-functional partners…
- [30m] Cross-Functional Team Interview
- [30m] Cross-Functional Team Interview
- We check references and conduct your background check
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees