Sr. Software Engineer, Video Pipeline (Seattle Area)
Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, Spot AI is the fastest growing Video Intelligence company in the U.S. We are upending the $30 billion video surveillance market with an AI Camera System to help people at work create safer, smarter organizations. In the process, we’re disrupting video security to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are deployed at thousands of locations across businesses in 17 different verticals, ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500s. Our customers range from warehousing and healthcare to nonprofits and car washes including SpaceX, ExtraSpace Storage, WineDirect, YMCA, and Veg Fresh Farms.
We’ve raised $40M in Series B financing to continue to transform how organizations use their video footage. We’re backed by Scale Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, StepStone Group, and MVP Ventures.
Who You Are:
You are a self-driven, highly skilled Senior Software Engineer with deep expertise in video intelligence. You have a proven track record of delivering high quality software in a start-up or high growth company. You have a solid understanding of how video processes work from ingestion through transcoding of content to enable the viewing of video on our dashboard. You have an obsession for customers, and spend time understanding their needs to effectively solve for them. You know how to work cross functionally to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders, and you have a track record of success.
What Excites You:
- Working with and mutually learning from an extremely high caliber engineering team
- Ownership and delivery of projects, including:
- Building out and maturing our video processing pipeline on our IoT platform
- Building tools that analyze the performance of our video functionality, then collaborating with the team to design and develop tools that improve that performance
- Writing clean code that works and ships often to production
- Learning about customer problems and directly solving them with your work
- Designing and implementing video pipelines for embedded systems that scale
- Operating with autonomy and navigating ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Working cross-functionally across the entire company to deliver a testing plan that achieves the company’s current and future goals
What Gets Our Attention:
- 7+ years of experience in professional software engineering roles
- 3+ years of experience with GStreamer or FFmpeg
- Experience with streaming technologies such as WebRTC, HLS, RTSP and codecs (h.264, h.265, vp8, vp9 etc)
- Built and tuned applications with high scale and performance requirements
- Experience with Rust & Go
- Previous experience in Linux environments
- Proven ability in building and deploying containerized applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Candidates residing in the SFO Bay or Seattle areas, open to working a hybrid model
What’s In It For You:
- Annual Base Salary Range: $140,000 - $200,000.
- Offered salary will be based on the offered candidate’s demonstrated attributes and competencies related to the role, as well as the offered candidate’s geographical location within the United States. Your recruiting partner can share more details about the compensation range as it relates to your geography once your interview process has begun.
- Generous early stage equity
- Medical, dental and vision plan options
- 401K with Employer Match
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including self-managed PTO and a generous new parent leave policy
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote work flexibility, including a stipend to set up your ideal home office
What We Value:
We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer’s goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It’s a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other’s strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!