Registered Nurse Care Manager, Float - West Coast (PST)
Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the Healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Float Registered Nurse Care Manager
The Float Registered Nurse (RN) Care Manager will report to the program manager of complex care and will work alongside clinical teams. This position is a centralized role that supports different markets across strive. Strive's clinical team includes NP, SW, RD and Care Coordinators to facilitate quality, cost-effective care while minimizing fragmentation of the healthcare delivery system for CKD and ESRD patients. Acts as resource for patients and their families, the local care team, and other healthcare professionals. Services to patients are generally provided telephonically but there may be programs where on-site visits to clinics, medical offices, hospitals, or visits to patient homes are required.
- Provide care manager support and coverage in markets across Strive
- Collaborates with the care team to develop an individualized and comprehensive care plan for the patients
- Proactively contacts the patient and/or clinic on a frequent basis as specified in the program details to assess their situation, aid, and answer questions as necessary
- Revises and adjusts the patient care plan as needed to fit the needs of the patient. Provides updates to care team and family members.
- Identifies patient and/or clinic staff knowledge and understanding deficits regarding their specific program and situation. Provides the appropriate education, support, and materials to facilitate informed decision making and understanding.
- Assesses patient conditions, in conjunction with the care team, such as the discovery of unreported medical and social conditions, or changes at home that may lead to adverse outcomes and ensures these concerns are referred to the appropriate sources for attention.
- Serves as a liaison with dialysis facilities, providing care plan updates to help streamline the transitions in care
- When patient support is not needed, serve as internal support with onboarding and education efforts, or other duties as assigned
- Maintains and updates the appropriate program software to manage and record required information and data. Generates and analyzes reports as needed for management, identifying trends, anomalies, and areas of concern.
- Adheres to company and clinical guidelines to identify, review, assess and allocate patients for program participation according to their identified needs
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Collaborates with all levels of the clinical team to improve processes, communication, and team skills needed to provide the best care to our patients
- Utilizes clinical judgment, independent analysis, critical thinking skills, time management skills and detailed knowledge of case management program
- Participates in after hours on call program
- Associate degree or BSN equivalent from accredited school of nursing required
- Current active licensure in any state within the US required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical nursing required
- Current BLS certification required.
- Business travel
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Ability to perform in a high paced environment
- Excels at developing strong patient and family relationships that fosters engagement and best outcomes for all aspects of Strive Health’s Model of Care
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in renal, ER, ICU, Cardiac, or Ambulatory Complex case management nursing preferred
- Certified Case Manger
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data and managing clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction outcomes
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in a change agent role
- Proficiency with documenting and navigating electronic medical records (EMR)
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Annual Salary Range: $72,800.00-$96,050.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
COVID Policy: As a healthcare organization, the safety of our Strivers, partners, patients, and communities is critical to our work and aligned to our first core value, Care For Others First. All new Strivers must be fully vaccinated for COVID–19 or will be required to request and obtain an approved medical or religious exemption prior to joining Strive, and otherwise comply with COVID-19 policies.
Beware of Scams: Please ensure your application is being submitted through a Strive Health sponsored site only. Our emails will come from @strivehealth.com email address. You will NEVER be asked to purchase your own employment equipment. You will also NEVER be asked to submit personal information except through Greenhouse or Rippling in connection with our application process. If you experience fraudulent activity, please contact local law enforcement or your state attorney general.