Vice President, National Growth
Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the Healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Vice President, National Growth
The Vice President, National Growth will be responsible for helping lead Strive’s payor partnerships; health plan, at-risk medical group, health system, and/or employers. The candidate must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit. Moreover, the candidate will need to independently solve problems while managing through the complexity of value-based care partnerships.
This role drives incremental revenue growth to support fiscal year growth targets by creating, nurturing, growing, and securing client partnerships. This individual will also be a thought leader for new go-to-market strategies. Further, this role will also manage some incremental growth with existing clients.
This leader will diagnose the unique problems of prospective customers, recognize and capitalize on areas of opportunity, and own each step in the business development life cycle. This person will be a key business development leader that will work cross-functionally with external and internal stakeholders to develop and drive value-based care partnerships with payors. As the main point of contact that many new customers will have with Strive, this person must bring a fluent understanding of value-based care and funding models across all product segments and in particular Medicare Advantage.
- Actively prospect, build relationships, and secure deals with payors; health plans, at-risk medical groups, and/or health systems independently and timely, within a challenging healthcare landscape.
- Act as strategic advisor for potential clients through promotion of the Strive Health value proposition.
- Independently establish trust-based relationships with payor clients to achieve shared goals for their vulnerable kidney disease populations.
- Develop and lead the process for evaluating and closing win/win partnership deals, including negotiation of terms, prospective performance evaluation, gaining leadership buy-in, and discernment of business cases.
- Work with Finance, Operations, and Leadership to design and execute financially accretive opportunities with partners.
- Develop new payor opportunities, working in partnership with Strive’s Marketing, Customer Success, and Leadership teams.
- Manage the development and submission of detailed customer proposals in response to customer RFPs and RFIs.
- Serve as the point person to bring deals through the business development cycle and the contracting process (end-to-end).
- Partner with Implementation and Customer Success to successfully transition new clients into operational excellence.
- Forecast deal flow and help define metrics and milestones that align with broader organizational goals.
- Ensure appropriate and reasonable margins are achieved along with possible expansion.
- Help design a best-in-class value-based care growth function (prospecting, structure, target markets, etc) while leading and mentoring a business development team.
- 10+ years of leadership, experience, and execution of payor partnerships.
- 10+ years of innovative growth strategy while building trusted partnerships with health plans, at-risk medical groups, and/or health systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare admin, or related field.
- Master’s degree
- Expertise in population health programs, value-based care delivery models, and risk contracting
- National executive payor client network
- Creative and strategic, with the ability to identify problems or opportunities and iterate to achieve better results.
- Top-tier interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability, and personal maturity.
- Deep understanding of value-based care arrangements and benchmarking methodologies. Moreover, the performance drivers of medical loss ratio (MLR) and total cost of care (TCoC).
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that is transforming kidney care.
- Fluency in the business development process, particularly complex, multi-stakeholder deal cycles, with experience advising payors.
- Ability to grow and maintain robust internal and external networks.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Annual Salary Range: $169,400.00-$218,600.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Beware of Scams: Please ensure your application is being submitted through a Strive Health sponsored site only. Our emails will come from @strivehealth.com email address. You will NEVER be asked to purchase your own employment equipment. You will also NEVER be asked to submit personal information except through Greenhouse or Rippling in connection with our application process. If you experience fraudulent activity, please contact local law enforcement or your state attorney general.