What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and were recognized as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2023 by Forbes, Circle of Excellence, American Society of Transplantation, 2023, Best Places to Work – Denver, Comparably.com, 2022, Best Places to Work – Denver, Built in Colorado, 2022
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Strive Care Partners
Strive Care Partners (SCP) is a dedicated business unit within Strive Health that partners with nephrologists to share and succeed in global risk contracts with payors. SCP will benefit patients with CKD and ESKD through a comprehensive, patient-centered approach that enhances lives and local communities. SCP develops local market partnerships with nephrologists and provides them with the tools necessary to be successful in managing risk on their patients. Specifically, SCP delivers primary care services, specialized clinical programs, data integration and analytics, care teams, and administrative support services – all embedded within the nephrologist’s practice. SCP contracts with local market payors on the nephrologists’ behalf to take global risk on their CKD and ESKD patients and provides nephrologists with meaningful short-term and long-term financial incentives, including participation in shared savings and equity-based programs.
The Medical Assistant will collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary care team. Under supervision of the provider and nursing leadership, this person will perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to assist in delivering high-quality and compassionate kidney care to our patients. This person will deliver care to patients in-clinic, remotely, and in-home.
- Front office & back-office duties include answering telephone calls, retrieving medical records from doctors’ offices, recording charts in the medical record, patient intake and appointment scheduling
- Greeting patients upon arrival for visit
- Measurement and recording of vital signs
- Preparing for the patient’s examination/procedure
- Assisting the provider during the examination/procedure
- Updating documentation in the patient’s medical record including but not limited to inputting medications, patient demographics and history, and care documentation
- Collect and process specimens
- Assist with vaccination efforts as dictated by state regulation
- Ensure infection prevention standards are followed throughout duties
- Assist with inventory management
- Foster a relationship with patients across their healthcare journey with a foundation of respect, honesty, empathy, no judgement, and follow-through
- Willing to learn and perform additional support functions as needed to build an exceptional patient experience
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Serve patients in person and in multiple care settings (e.g., patient home, clinics) in addition to virtual visits.
- Certified Medical Assistant (must be able to provide proof of diploma, certificate of completion, or official transcript with graduation date)
- If military, must provide a copy of a SMART transcript or DD214 indicating you have successfully completed a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces, current within 5 years
- 2+ years clinical experience in a medical assistant role
- BLS Certification
- 1 year experience working with electronic medical records and dealing with confidential health information
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Experience in lab collection, EKGs, and other office tests
- Highly collaborative, with experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in primary care and/or kidney disease care
- Ability to understand and use multiple computer-based platforms such as Microsoft Office, Electronic Medical Records, and other reporting tools.
- Excited to work in a growing environment where you can contribute to building and evolving processes to continuously improve our patients’ experience, outcomes, and clinic efficiency
Hourly Range: $21.05-$24.03
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org