Care Coordinator - Indianapolis, IN
Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the Healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Reporting to the RN Care Manager, a Care Coordinator works collaboratively with the care team to provide ongoing support and communication to Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and ESRD patients. The Care Coordinator acts as a single point-of-contact to coordinate resources along the care delivery spectrum, identify gaps, and provide proactive follow-up. The Care Coordinator is responsible for making sure the patient’s care at various locations is connected and there are no gaps in care or communication.
- Performs outbound calls to patients to understand their clinical needs and connect them with appropriate resources
- Performs outbound calls to providers to make appointments for patients or follow up on care
- Answers inbound calls from patients, providers, and other resources
- Follows up with patients to ensure their needs are met and schedules future check-ins
- Coordinates with clinical resources and providers to ensure smooth continuum of care for patients.
- Monitors patient hospitalizations and follows up as necessary with care team members and outside resources to confirm Strive gathers all relevant patient information
- Notifies patients of location and appointment times as needed
- Ensures all patient records are up to date
- Provides patients with education materials and sends communications to primary care physicians, nephrologists, and specialists for new enrollments/appointments
- Assists with the referral process when needed
- Provides excellent customer service and treats patients
- Help patients and their families navigate the healthcare system and multitude of visits
- Fosters a relationship with patients across their healthcare journey with a foundation of respect, honesty, empathy, no judgement and follow-through
- Skilled and passionate caring for patients with complex needs
- Collaborates well with all levels of a clinical team (from Medical Assistants to Physicians)
- Partners closely with the Strive NP to manage all pieces of care related to resources, appointments, care transitions, and care gaps
- Performs vital signs
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Serve patients in person and in multiple care settings (e.g., patient home, clinics) in addition to virtual visits.
- Home visits as determined by business need in market.
- Complete om person visits with members (in home or where convenient to patient).
- Serve as liaison between multiple service providers.
- Assist with enrollment in services and community resources.
- Assist with completing applications for resources, paperwork for provider visits, etc.
- Follow up on referrals for pharmacy, DME, home care, etc.
- Assist with finding and scheduling transportation.
- Deliver culturally competent care.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least two (2) years of experience in a professional office environment
- Active Basic Life Support or CPR Certification
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Customer service experience
- Active Community Health Worker Certification (CHW)
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at dealing with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
- Communicates clearly, respectfully, and thoughtfully
Hourly Range: $21.05-$24.03
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Beware of Scams: Please ensure your application is being submitted through a Strive Health sponsored site only. Our emails will come from @strivehealth.com email address. You will NEVER be asked to purchase your own employment equipment. You will also NEVER be asked to submit personal information except through Greenhouse or Rippling in connection with our application process. If you experience fraudulent activity, please contact local law enforcement or your state attorney general.