Nurse Practitioner - Raleigh, NC
What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and were recognized as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2023 by Forbes, Circle of Excellence, American Society of Transplantation, 2023, Best Places to Work – Denver, Comparably.com, 2022, Best Places to Work – Denver, Built in Colorado, 2022
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
As part of Strive’s interdisciplinary clinical care team, the NP will utilize their advanced education, skills, and judgment to deliver advanced nursing care for CKD and ESKD patients. The NP will be responsible for managing patient care by working with the Strive interdisciplinary team of social workers, care coordinators, pharmacists, dietitians, and physicians to provide best in class patient care. The Strive NP will be an advocate, navigator, trusted clinician, and safety net for the patient while delivering exceptional clinical care, building empathy and trust with patients, and delivering a world class patient experience.
- Accountable for patient outcomes and KPIs for a panel of CKD and ESKD patients.
- Understands value-based care and applies principles to practice.
- Assess patient needs including preventative care, immunizations, and screenings deliver advanced quality nursing care, and achieve optimal patient outcomes for patients with chronic kidney disease and ESKD.
- Obtains patient history, performs physical exam, orders, and interprets diagnostic tests and lab values to identify and assess patient’s health care needs.
- Formulates a plan, diagnoses, and prognosis based on assessment findings and individual patient short term and longitudinal needs.
- Performs follow up assessments and touchpoints to address acute and interim events, monitor progress, update care plans.
- Adheres to expectations outlined in Strive’s documentation policy.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to meet immediate and longitudinal needs.
- Collaborates with external providers to ensure alignment on goals, treatment, and care plans.
- Follows best demonstrated practices and evidence-based medicine and incorporates best into patient care.
- Presents patient cases and provides clinical support for clinical rounds and interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Ensures assessment and plan of care incorporate best practices for chronic kidney care:
- CKD clinical care including management of all stages of CKD, co-morbidities, ESKD and support of transitions to renal replacement therapy, transplant, or conservative care
- Participation in shared decision making and end of life/advanced care planning discussions
- Serves patients and perform patient visits in multiple care settings as defined by role:
- Including patient home, clinics (where applicable), partner MD space (where applicable) and via telehealth/virtual visits
- House Calls/ Mobile NP – majority of visits conducted in patient home, minimal telehealth
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Serves as a liaison with dialysis facilities, PCPs, and nephrologists, providing care plan updates to help streamline the transitions in care.
- SCP NP: Deliver primary and urgent care visits to adult and geriatric patients with history of chronic kidney disease (in designated markets).
- Responsible for maintaining current board certification and state specific requirements for continuing education.
- Remains up to date on guidelines and advances for kidney care and associated co-morbidities including Strive specific clinical programs, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Participates in Strive’s on-call program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Master’s or Doctorate level degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 2 (two) years' experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Current state specific licensure required
- Obtain additional licenses as required to meet patient and contractual needs
- National Board Certification
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license required for SCP and markets with contractual requirements
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare personnel (BLS) certification required
- Experience as a family/primary care or geriatric NP or experience in internal medicine, cardiology, nephrology or diabetes
- Basic computer skills and experience with EHR required
- Experience with electronic medical record, preferable 2 years
- Internet connectivity – Min speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 secs
- Must have ability to travel to a member’s location including use of public transportation (plane, train, subway, ferry) as dictated by patient location
- Business travel as required
- Must meet company driving standards: valid unrestricted driver’s license, active automobile liability insurance with proof of coverage
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of complex chronic patients
- Excellent communicator, team builder, and evidence of results
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data and managing to clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction outcomes
- Excels at developing and fostering strong patient and family relationships that center on engagement, trust, honesty, empathy, follow-through and doing what’s best for the patient
- Preferred NP experience in internal medicine, nephrology, cardiology, diabetes, acute care, or ICU care
- Wound Care certification is a plus (market specific)
- Experience using audio-visual technology platforms.
- Ability to reach overhead and side to side
- Lifting overheard and carrying of 10lbs routinely, 20 lbs sporadically
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- Ability to grasp and hold medical instruments as needed to perform physical assessment
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of patients dwelling conditions and configurations
Annual Salary Range: $107,400.00-$134,200.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org