What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and were recognized as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2023 by Forbes, Circle of Excellence, American Society of Transplantation, 2023, Best Places to Work – Denver, Comparably.com, 2022, Best Places to Work – Denver, Built in Colorado, 2022
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
The main function of this role will be to direct and provide leadership in actuarial functions, with particular focus on cost of care analytics, forecasting, and value-based contracts. The Actuarial Director will be responsible for decisions determining the priority of work assignments, appropriateness of actuarial and statistical analysis, and determining the actuarial soundness of work product.
- Create detailed actuarial and financial models
- Use analytical tools to identify meaningful trend drivers, with linkage to financial results
- Develop IBNR, accruals, and settlements related to value-based contracts
- Design actuarial models to assess viability of new and ongoing initiatives and clinical programs
- Forecasting and interpreting financial results, including variances from forecast to help identify product and segment behavior to assist in risk management of the business units
- Collaborate with team members from strategy, clinical and new market functions to identify data driven opportunities to add value to existing and potential partners
- Present models during workgroup calls and explains analyses to diverse audiences
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Create robust reporting and actionable analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in actuarial services or related experience
- 2+ years experiences in managing a team
- 2+ years with relational databases such as SAS or SQL required
- 10+ years of related experience
- Advanced in Excel and financial modeling
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills-
- Experience in Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare analysis preferred
- Experience with CMS shared savings programs strongly preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience in managing MA bids
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
Annual Salary Range: $126,700.00-$158,400.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org