Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Detroit, MI
What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and were recognized as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2023 by Forbes, Circle of Excellence, American Society of Transplantation, 2023, Best Places to Work – Denver, Comparably.com, 2022, Best Places to Work – Denver, Built in Colorado, 2022
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
The LCSW provides support to patients with complex health needs and is an integral part of our coordinated care team which includes physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, care coordinators, social workers, dietitians, educators and pharmacists. The Strive LCSW must be able to work successfully both in person and remotely via telephone or videoconferencing technologies. The Strive Social Worker is responsible for addressing non-clinical barriers to care and screening for social determinants of health.
- Uses theories of human behavior and environment to conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments and provide supportive counseling tailored to individual patient need.
- Establishes themselves as an authority on the social determinants of health and psychosocial aspects of kidney care by coaching interdisciplinary market team to identify the interacting physical, social, and psychological concomitants of chronic kidney disease for patients and their families.
- Locates and maintains resources for a wide range of community services, including providers of health care, mental health, substance abuse treatment; income maintenance programs; transportation services; support groups; local, state and federal agencies; etc. Drives engagement by assisting patients/families above and beyond making a referral.
- Provides education on biopsychosocial factors to prevent disease exacerbation and progression to patients, families and market team.
- Uses motivational interviewing, patient activation measures, and behavior change techniques to drive the dynamic and interactive process of developing patient centered goals, creating care plans to achieve goals, and increase overall health literacy and patient engagement.
- Collaborates with Strive team members and external multidisciplinary treatment teams including patients’ primary care, nephrology, dialysis, and transplant providers to effectively bridge, communicate, and navigate across the healthcare ecosystem.
- Educates and supports patient and family through adjustment to chronic illness and treatment as related to quality of life (Physical, sexual, and emotional relationship problems; Educational, vocational, and activity of daily living problems; Conflict resolution; Advance Care Planning and End of Life Planning) through direct patient care and virtual patient education.
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Master’s degree in social work
- State specific social work licensure to practice clinically (LCSW, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience working in chronic disease management (e.g. internal medicine, renal, cardiac, pulmonary, or oncology care) or critical care setting
- Proof of passing ASWB Exam
- Business travel
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Willingness to visit patients in home environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with team and partners.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, excellent communication, and ability to teach others.
- Practices with a value-based mindset to improve patient outcomes.
- Ability to function independently.
Annual Salary Range: $72,800.00-$88,300.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com