What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and were recognized as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2023 by Forbes, Circle of Excellence, American Society of Transplantation, 2023, Best Places to Work – Denver, Comparably.com, 2022, Best Places to Work – Denver, Built in Colorado, 2022
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
This position is on the Clinical Informatics team within the Technology Department at Strive Health. The role of the clinical informaticist plays a vital part in applying technical and clinical standards to the building, configuring, and troubleshooting issues on features and functionality in our clinical information systems. Systems include the electronic health record (EHR), practice management (PM) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools. It is essential that the clinical informaticist effectively problem solves, communicates, documents, tests and delivers on business needs of moderate scope where analysis of requirements/problems include a variety of factors. This role will support end users in troubleshooting issues to enhance appropriate utilization, identify needs and implement technical improvements. Our goal is to continually innovate clinical information systems and promote the use of technology to have a positive impact on the delivery of care.
- Scope, estimate, and deliver on well-defined tasks from a clinical and technical point of view in specified timeframe
- Collaborate with multiple teams and departments providing and leveraging asynchronous and synchronous support
- Execute approaches for common bugs/issues, calling out workarounds with a high-level understanding of how each role utilizes the system identifying opportunities and mitigating issues
- Utilize feedback from multidisciplinary teams to support evidence-based documentation standards for provision of care and care coordination
- Review requirements and build templates, configure applications, review with stakeholders, perform quality assurance, and assist with user acceptance testing
- Communicate new enhancements of clinical information systems, create technical specification documents, data dictionaries, and education resources to support new services and features
- Serve as a subject matter expert of the clinical information systems that develops training tools to support end user trust and adoption
- Create/deliver presentations or live demonstrations of features/functionality that are clear and concise
- Provide technical support for user management, permissions, passwords, and ongoing maintenance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Education, or Informatics
- 4+ years of experience in informatics
- Health or Nursing Informatics Certification
- Experience in JIRA and agile project management
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, strong public speaking skills
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and platform for charts/diagrams (LucidChart)
Annual Salary Range: $93,400.00-$116,700.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org