Medical Assistant - Fort Wayne, IN
What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and were recognized as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2023 by Forbes, Circle of Excellence, American Society of Transplantation, 2023, Best Places to Work – Denver, Comparably.com, 2022, Best Places to Work – Denver, Built in Colorado, 2022
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Under direct supervision of the provider and nursing leadership, performs a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to assist in the quality and compassionate kidney care provided to our patients.
- Measurement, collection and recording of vital signs, phlebotomy
- Support function but not limited to answering telephone calls, retrieving medical records from doctor’s offices; recording charts in the medical record; patient intake, appointment scheduling.
- Enter documentation in the patient’s medical record including but not limited to inputting medications, patient demographics and history, care documentation & pharmacy information
- Records patient’s medical history, allergies, family history, social history, reason for visit, and information such as test results, patient complaints, prescription refills and physician orders in the medical record
- Patient intake and check out
- Print/fax lab orders, distribute lab results, reports, etc. to appropriate provider
- Adheres to patient confidentiality standards
- Ensures complete patients registration including verifying consents, demographic information
- Enter data from monitoring and tracking systems
- Additional duties as assigned
- Serves patients and perform patient visits in multiple care settings as defined by role: Including patient home, clinics (where applicable), partner MD space (where applicable) and via telehealth/virtual visits
- BLS Certification
- Graduate from a medical assistant program Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) Medical Assistant Program, OR Graduate of a formal medical assistant program
- 2+ years clinical experience in medical assistant role
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve
- Highly collaborative, with experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Hourly Range: $21.05-$24.03
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com