Care Coordinator, TCM - Central Standard Time Zone
What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of people with kidney disease through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and Strive has been recognized with six Best Place to Work awards, including Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2023 and 2022, Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work 2022 and 2024, Comparably’s Best Places to Work in Denver 2022 and The Tech Tribune’s Best Startups in Denver 2022. Additionally, Strive’s CEO, Chris Riopelle, has been recognized as one of Denver Business Journal’s Most Admired CEOs.
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Reporting to the RN Care Manager, a Care Coordinator works collaboratively with the care team to provide ongoing support and communication to Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and ESRD patients. The Care Coordinator acts as a single point-of-contact to coordinate resources along the care delivery spectrum, identify gaps, and provide proactive follow-up. The Care Coordinator is responsible for making sure the patient’s care at various locations is connected and there are no gaps in care or communication.
- Performs outbound calls to patients to understand their clinical needs and connect them with appropriate resources
- Performs outbound calls to providers to make appointments for patients or follow up on care
- Answers inbound calls from patients, providers, and other resources
- Follows up with patients to ensure their needs are met and schedules future check-ins
- Coordinates with clinical resources and providers to ensure smooth continuum of care for patients.
- Monitors patient hospitalizations and follows up as necessary with care team members and outside resources to confirm Strive gathers all relevant patient information
- Notifies patients of location and appointment times as needed
- Ensures all patient records are up to date
- Provides patients with education materials and sends communications to primary care physicians, nephrologists, and specialists for new enrollments/appointments
- Assists with the referral process when needed
- Provides excellent customer service and treats patients
- Help patients and their families navigate the healthcare system and multitude of visits
- Fosters a relationship with patients across their healthcare journey with a foundation of respect, honesty, empathy, no judgement and follow-through
- Skilled and passionate caring for patients with complex needs
- Collaborates well with all levels of a clinical team (from Medical Assistants to Physicians)
- Partners closely with the Strive NP to manage all pieces of care related to resources, appointments, care transitions, and care gaps
- Performs vital signs
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Serve patients in person and in multiple care settings (e.g., patient home, clinics) in addition to virtual visits.
- Home visits as determined by business need in market.
- Complete om person visits with members (in home or where convenient to patient).
- Serve as liaison between multiple service providers.
- Assist with enrollment in services and community resources.
- Assist with completing applications for resources, paperwork for provider visits, etc.
- Follow up on referrals for pharmacy, DME, home care, etc.
- Assist with finding and scheduling transportation.
- Deliver culturally competent care.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least two (2) years of experience in a professional office environment
- Active Basic Life Support or CPR Certification
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Customer service experience
- Active Community Health Worker Certification (CHW)
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at dealing with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
- Communicates clearly, respectfully, and thoughtfully
Hourly Range: $22.25-$25.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org