Director, Membership Growth
What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of people with kidney disease through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and Strive has been recognized with six Best Place to Work awards, including Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2023 and 2022, Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work 2022 and 2024, Comparably’s Best Places to Work in Denver 2022 and The Tech Tribune’s Best Startups in Denver 2022. Additionally, Strive’s CEO, Chris Riopelle, has been recognized as one of Denver Business Journal’s Most Admired CEOs.
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Director, Membership Growth
This role will be a cross-functional role blending the need for strategic and executional leadership of enabling and growing Medicare Advantage at-risk patient growth through building a network of relationships with insurance agents as well as helping lead our direct membership growth business.
With our need to build local broker relationships with field marketing organizations and aligned carriers, this leader will lead the identification of the right local partners including the onboarding, training, aligning on appropriate expectations and developing workflows between our sales organization and the partners. As we prove its success, our intent is to build a regional broker support team around this leader.
Given the rapid growth of this business model, this leader will also step in to help lead our direct sales organization focusing on growing patients directly from our nephrology partnerships. This includes advancing our relationships with key nephrology partners, supporting our direct on-the-ground sales team, and other needs. Pending success, there is a growth path towards owning the leadership of this function.
- Advance Strive’s ability to grow Medicare Advantage membership through our enrollment team
- Identify and engage grass roots local relationships with insurance agents of aligned plans as well as independent brokers that meet pre-set criteria
- Develop and conduct detailed in-person training, to locally aligned insurance brokers and agents, of the Strive Health value proposition, aligned nephrology partners, and custom workflows of operating together
- Build and align on relevant and compliant agent expectations to partner with Strive Health
- Develop process workflows between our internal sales organization and aligned partners, track accordingly within Salesforce
- Maintain relationships with Strive key nephrology partners present strategy as required to nephrology partners
- Advocating for sales workflow improvement via the regional sales team and operations partners
- Build a critical understanding of current sales workflows; relationship build with our on-the-ground sales team to gain trust
- Guide regional sales leadership on evolving to local broker model, ensure their connectivity, understanding, and support of adapted workflows
- As required, lead on-the-ground sales team and critical sales operations partners
- Ability to build an organization predicated upon proving success capability first
- Intervene with educational follow up when/if challenges unfold with our insurance partners, nephrology partners, or internal sales team
- Enable insurance agent relationships to meet patients within our nephrology partner clinics as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ year’s experience of working in Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plan business lines
- Business travel (35%)
- Strategically minded, execution focused
- Capable of stepping into greater leadership sales role
- Experience in supporting or leading consumer sales in the value-based care space
- Preferred location in Midwest (Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, NW Indiana)
- Proficiency in building a team
- Able to communicate in executive forums and comfort conveying key messaging in PowerPoint
- Proficient PC skills
Annual Salary Range: $130,000.00-$163,000.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org