Medical Director, Regional
What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of people with kidney disease through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and Strive has been recognized with six Best Place to Work awards, including Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2023 and 2022, Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work 2022 and 2024, Comparably’s Best Places to Work in Denver 2022 and The Tech Tribune’s Best Startups in Denver 2022. Additionally, Strive’s CEO, Chris Riopelle, has been recognized as one of Denver Business Journal’s Most Admired CEOs.
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Regional Medical Director
As a clinician and population health subject matter expert for the region, the Regional Medical Director will ensure high-quality, safe, and cost-effective care across the entire disease spectrum from CKD to ESRD patients, with the goal of optimizing outcomes and the patient experience for patient populations. The Regional Medical Director will work with the local market general manager to develop and engage Strive’s provider network and optimize the deployment of the Strive Care Model. The Regional Medical Director offers physician leadership to the entire region.
- The Regional Medical Director is the physician leader serving with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, case managers, social workers, dieticians, and pharmacists in the management chronic disease for CKD and ESRD patient populations.
- Apply principles of population health/value-based care to quality and optimization of population.
- Responsible for onboarding and relationship management for collaborating physicians.
- Serve as Strive’s subject matter expert on the disease state.
- Collaborates well with all levels of a clinical team (from Medical Assistants to the CMO).
- Remains up-to-date and current on advances and trends in renal care treatment, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and support of employees. Will participate in performance reviews and supports performance improvement efforts.
- Serves as liaison between Strive’s administration, medical staff leadership, clinical staff, hospital departments and network providers.
- Assess market needs relevant to the deployment of the Strive Care Model.
- Establishes and manages highly-productive relationships with Strive’s provider networks, including service providers including nephrologists, dialysis units, and transplant and vascular centers.
- Drives performance to meet regional goals and objectives.
- Performs data analysis and leverages insights from data analytics to manage patient populations.
- Leads or supports quality improvement projects.
- Collaborates with administration, quality department and medical staff leadership to effect performance improvement within the organization.
- Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of clinical initiatives, overall policy and long-terms goals of the organization
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Graduate of accredited medical school, residency and fellowship programs.
- Current state specific licensure required.
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license required or eligible to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS certificate
- Board Certified Nephrologist or Internal Medicine provider
- Ability to teach, strong organizational skills, excellent communication, customer service, relationship development, results orientation, team building and decision-making.
- Experienced in Value-Based Care and supportive of the Nurse Practitioner role.
- Demonstrated ability, or potential, to excel in smaller entrepreneurial organizations.
- Excels at motivating and leading clinical teams to drive optimal outcomes for patients and populations.
Annual Salary Range: $202,000.00-$324,000.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org