Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
What We Strive For
Strive Health is built for purpose — to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of people with kidney disease through early identification, engagement and comprehensive coordinated care. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from chronic kidney disease through end-stage kidney disease, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify at-risk patients. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Why We’re Worth the Application
- We Strive for excellence and Strive has been recognized with six Best Place to Work awards, including Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2023 and 2022, Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work 2022 and 2024, Comparably’s Best Places to Work in Denver 2022 and The Tech Tribune’s Best Startups in Denver 2022. Additionally, Strive’s CEO, Chris Riopelle, has been recognized as one of Denver Business Journal’s Most Admired CEOs.
- We derive innovation and ideas from through authentic diversity intentionally building a team that represents the populations we serve in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups:
- Strive Forward - LGBTQ
- Underrepresented Minorities
- Women and Allies
- We care and support our Strivers within and beyond work to feel fully charged and empowered through our generous wellbeing offerings including:
- Flexible time off
- Companywide wellbeing days
- Volunteer time off
- Leave packages including a sabbatical, parental leave and eight weeks paid for living donor
- Professional development
- A dedicated certified financial planner
- Headspace, Carrot Fertility and Gympass for all Strivers
- We like to have fun by celebrating our successes as a team through team building, company gatherings, trivia, wellbeing raffles, pajama days, a companywide book club and more.
- We value tenacity to help us overcome obstacles with grit and determination to deliver compassionate kidney care.
Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
We are building commercial-grade technology to operate kidney care services at scale. Our data platform connects numerous healthcare systems delivering our clinicians with a wealth of data and clinical insights. With our data, we are continually finding opportunities to improve care and operations with ML-driven solutions. As a Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, you will be central to the continued development of our ML strategy while owning and designing scalable MLOps solutions to enable that strategy.
- Mentor across Technology to grow their understanding of ML practices and tooling.
- Oversee bringing new AI and ML models into production using various cutting-edge technologies.
- Ability to dig into the data and understand business logic when applying AI and/or ML to solve complex business problems.
- Design and deploy scalable MLOps tooling covering the data science lifecycle (training, deployment, monitoring, inference).
- Contribute to developing cloud-based architecture across the platform
- Code and comprehend code around technologies that deal with acquiring, processing, enriching, and delivering data
- Implement solutions using both vendor specific and custom-built tools
- 5+ years experience in healthcare/technology related field
- 5+ years experience in an applied machine learning or data science role
- 5+ years experience with agile development approaches (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- 1+ experience building, deploying, and maintaining production-level machine learning systems (plus if you have experience with AWS services like Sagemaker, Bedrock, etc.)
- Expertise in Python, including libraries like NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch/TensorFlow
- Expertise in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Expertise in communication skills to explain technical concepts to stakeholders
- Intermediate knowledge of DevOps processes and CI/CD pipelines for ML systems
Annual Salary Range: $109,000.00-$163,000.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Disability insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, paid company holidays, in addition to Vacation Time Off. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles as aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com