Dental Practice Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2022
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
Tend is seeking a Studio Manager for our Rock Center studio to oversee the day to day operations. The Manager will be efficient and effective in leading a high performing studio team to drive results and deliver a best in class experience to our members. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team that is revolutionizing dentistry.
The Studio Manager will lead a studio team of 20+ staff including clinical and clerical personnel. This includes, but is not limited to: assigning tasks per scope of practice/job description and using/creating tools to ensure tasks are complete in support of the studio’s goals, ability to identify gaps in performance and opportunities for coaching/additional training, performance management, both informal and formal check-ins and reviews.
- Ensure the practice operates optimally, effectively, efficiently and in accordance with established standards, across staffing, scheduling, inventory, and member experience.
- Oversee member experience and collaborate with the studio team to achieve or exceed NPS & revenue targets.
- Drive practice productivity through KPIs and performance goals and work with leaders to make adjustments.
- Be present on the floor in the studio to direct and manage performance real-time.
- Interact with members to gain real-time feedback of their visit and address member complaints in a timely and compassionate manner.
- Lead studio team onboarding, training, and meetings, focused on studio performance, building alignment, culture, & collaboration.
- Partner with the People Team on hiring, retention, and performance management.
- Ensure compliance and organization of the studio through regular walk-throughs to address any concerns.
- Manage all staff schedules to optimize the member experience, align with volume expectations and meet studio performance targets.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading teams of 15+ staff in a high-growth, high-volume company in a healthcare or hospitality setting required.
- Experience partnering with providers delivering care to drive performance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management or operations preferred.
- Experience managing operational practices, people practices & programs, and budgets/financial targets.
- A strong commitment to hustle & demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Pay Range= $85,000 - $95,000
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.