New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2022
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to! Reimagining dentistry takes commitment, collaboration and creativity. These are the qualities we look for in our team members.
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with safe, soothing incredible environments, elevated hospitality, state of the art consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine the dental experience for our patients and the work experience for our team members. Going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Tend’s Orthodontic Assistant plays a vital role on our team and must be a passionate, service oriented team member who is committed to our values, our brand principles and delivering exceptional service to our members. The Orthodontic Assistant will work in collaboration with management, providers and clinical staff to earn the trust of our members by personalizing their appointments and clinical care.
We are reframing dental expectations… and that’s all part of the fun!
- Prepare the studio suite for Tend members and play an integral part of the member experience flow
- Take high quality digital scans and/or x-rays to collect diagnostic data
- Develop member care plans, including assessments and initial evaluations
- Prepare the member for orthodontic treatment by creating a welcoming, comforting environment
- Work independently to provide direct member care including insertion of dental appliances and placement of orthodontic brackets/wires
- Assist doctor chair-side with all aspects of member care and treatment
- Communicate oral hygiene plans as directed by the doctor
- Document completed procedures and recommendations
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protect members and other team members by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintain orthodontic supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Three years prior experience as an Orthodontic Assistant
- Experience with indirect bonding & lingual braces
- Previous experience with Incognito, Harmony, & Sure Smile strongly preferred
- Familiarity with digital equipment - scanner & x-rays
- Excellent customer service and member experience skills
- Ability to multitask in a high volume Orthodontic practice
- Flexibility to work a schedule that may include early morning, late evening, holiday and weekend hours.
Pay Range= $28 - $30
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.