Traveling Orthodontic Assistant
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with incredible environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to! Reimagining dentistry takes commitment, collaboration and creativity. These are the qualities we look for in our team members.
Tend’s Orthodontic Assistant plays a vital role on our team and must be a passionate, service oriented team member who is committed to our values, our brand principles and delivering exceptional service to our members. The Orthodontic Assistant will work in collaboration with management, providers and clinical staff to earn the trust of our members by personalizing their appointments and clinical care.
We are reframing dental expectations… and that’s all part of the fun!
- Prepare the studio suite for Tend members and play an integral part of the member experience flow
- Take high quality digital scans and/or x-rays to collect diagnostic data
- Develop member care plans, including assessments and initial evaluations
- Prepare the member for orthodontic treatment by creating a welcoming, comforting environment
- Work independently to provide direct member care including insertion of dental appliances and placement of orthodontic brackets/wires
- Assist doctor chair-side with all aspects of member care and treatment
- Communicate oral hygiene plans as directed by the doctor
- Document completed procedures and recommendations
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protect members and other team members by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintain orthodontic supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Three years prior experience as an Orthodontic Assistant
- Experience with indirect bonding & lingual braces
- Previous experience with Incognito, Harmony, & Sure Smile strongly preferred
- Orthodontic Assistant Certification Preferred
- Familiarity with digital equipment - scanner & x-rays
- Excellent customer service and member experience skills
- Ability to multitask in a high volume Orthodontic practice
- Flexibility to work a schedule that may include early morning, late evening, holiday and weekend hours.
- Flexibility to travel across our New York City office locations
The Tend difference:
Tend is a place where dentistry is transformed into the empowering, human, and joyful experience it should be—for your patients, and for you.
The highest standard of care - Our providers always adhere to ADA guidelines
Outcomes over quotas - We respect provider autonomy and put patient needs first
Beautiful dental studios - Our award-winning spaces are designed to soothe and delight patients
An infusion of hospitality - We want your patients to look forward to seeing you
Warm, collaborative culture - We’re an inclusive, curious team that’s driven by excellence
Career development - We provide in-person mentorship and free, world-class courses
High-tech environment - Our dental studios are equipped with cutting-edge clinical technology
Top-notch compensation package - We offer best-in-class base pay and comprehensive benefits
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
See more open positions at Tend
Something looks off?