Accounting & Finance
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience. Headquartered in Nashville and New York City, we’ve opened 23 dental studios in NYC, DC, Boston, Atlanta, and Nashville with more to come before the end of 2023.
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to.
This position is located in our Nashville, TN office.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will have several primary areas of responsibility, including maintaining the general ledger, revenue recognition, financial analysis, reporting, expense management, and providing financial support to operations. This position offers tremendous opportunity to support a rapidly growing business in a highly visible role.
About the Role
- Full cycle month-end close, including preparing and entering journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Responsible for calculating and analyzing monthly net revenue, and presenting findings to leadership
- Collaborate across departments to complete increasingly complex projects
- Analyze and prepare variance analysis for internal monthly financial statements
- Maintain the sub-ledger for various balance sheet accounts
- Identify, research and resolve accounting and operational issues
- Assist with the development, implementation of, and monitoring adherence to company accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA required
- 3+ years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience required
- Previous experience with healthcare revenue recognition strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-growth, start-up environment
The Tend difference:
Tend is a place where dentistry is transformed into the empowering, human, and joyful experience it should be—for your patients, and for you.
The highest standard of care - Our providers always adhere to ADA guidelines
Outcomes over quotas - We respect provider autonomy and put patient needs first
Beautiful dental studios - Our award-winning spaces are designed to soothe and delight patients
An infusion of hospitality - We want your patients to look forward to seeing you
Warm, collaborative culture - We’re an inclusive, curious team that’s driven by excellence
Career development - We provide in-person mentorship and free, world-class courses
High-tech environment - Our dental studios are equipped with cutting-edge clinical technology
Top-notch compensation package - We offer best-in-class base pay and comprehensive benefits
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
See more open positions at Tend
Something looks off?