RCM Manager: Patient-Facing Revenue Cycle Leader
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
This role will be responsible for managing all Revenue Cycle functions that impact patient outreach / engagement, pre-service studio preparation, and patient balance resolution. They will support New Studio Openings (NSOs), training for their respective functions, and technology onboarding and configuration in their respective functions. They will have direct people management responsibilities for each of their respective areas.
- Insurance Benefits Verification
- Patient Balance Resolution and Payment Optimization
- Patient Pricing Transparency
- New Studio Openings
- Training (Hub and Studio Teams)
- Experienced in broad Revenue Cycle functions and executing at scale. Has a strong understanding of RCM best practices and is able to identify and close gaps in process breakdowns.
- Metric driven and uses both input and output metrics to gauge performance and set targets. Can get into the detail when necessary and step back when appropriate.
- Can articulate macro and micro trends in the business and functional areas that lead to insight and performance improvement.
- Brings a high level of industry best practice knowledge and willing to think creatively about solutions that may not be apparent.
- Strong sense of the intersection of individual performance (productivity) and staffing requirements (what is needed).
- Willingness to work cross functionally and take on new tasks if and when needed. Flexibility in functional alignment and ownership will be critical to success.
- Has good people leadership skills to get the most out of their team and support the culture and values of Tend.
- Has a strong sense of the Tend brand and is able to craft processes that are in line with the Tend mission and values.
- Not afraid to work in an imperfect function and seek out opportunities for improvement rather than exclusively highlight defects.
- Can work independently and make decisions that are in line with Tend North Star
- Able to implement new programs (process or technology) that may be new to the organization but dives in to understand ultimate goal and clearly communicates expectations and how to execute.
- 5+ years of Revenue Cycle experience, ideally in a Front-End or Patient Collections, including team / people management.
- Has worked with RCM or other Healthcare IT and able to be flexible with new systems
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Strong analytics stills
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.