Credentialing - Payer Enrollment Specialist
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
Under limited supervision, oversees the provider payer enrollment of Tend Dental dentists and specialists. Oversees end to end payor enrollment functions including enrollment Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, checklists and application submissions, follow up and data management. Ensures compliance with payer requirements and Tend’s SOPs and practices. Collaboration with Revenue Cycle Management, People, and Operations to ensure proper `credentialing and contracting processes and timelines are met.
About the Role:
- Completes enrollment applications, to ensure distribution, receipt, processing, and timely delivery
- Assists providers with CAQH profile completion
- Creates, documents and updates Payor Enrollment SOPs, Guidelines and Checklists
- Enters and updates data accurately and timely in Tend’s credentialing database (Modio)
- Reviews and reconciles credentialing claims issues
- Follows up on all payer status’ a minimum of once weekly
- Reviews payor rosters, updates the credentialing database, submits provider terminations
- Monitors and reports weekly, turnaround times for processing of credentialing applications, with continued focus on delivery of a high quality product, with the greatest efficiency, in the least amount of time
- Leads and coordinates credentialing projects
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant payer enrollment experience within a healthcare setting required
- CAQH familiarity and experience required
- DSO (Dental) Experience / Knowledge preferred
- Modio Credentialing Software Experience / Knowledge is a plus
- Experience with contracting and re-credentialing pipeline
- Experience building relationships with payer contacts
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships across business functions
- Desire to work in a startup or hyper-growth environment preferred
- Strategically minded and excited to influence the payer enrollment process at Tend
- Ability to exhibit a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and deliver results within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.