Director, Strategy and Business Effectiveness
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
Tend is hiring its first Director, Strategy and Business Effectiveness serving as a strategic partner across the organization to identify and implement opportunities to scale the business, better serve our members, drive robust top line growth and build sustainable profitability. Reporting to the COO, this is an operations oriented role focused on prioritization and execution of projects and initiatives that unlock growth and cost savings.
- Helps identify, analyze, define and prioritize operational strategies, working across operations and the enterprise to align resources and implement solutions.
- Conducts analysis of current business performance and builds plans for continuous improvement delivering against our core KPIs.
- Communicates strategic priorities and execution plans across the organization via presentations, progress reports and written communications
- Leads cross functional teams that execute complex work-streams using data-driven problem-solving and collaboration to create optimal and realistic action plans.
- Research trends and best practices for applicability and implementation at Tend.
- Develop and improve operational processes that create efficiency, support scale and drive productivity.
- Work within and beyond operations to provide value.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of strategy, or consulting experience in a multi-unit healthcare setting.
- Highly skilled at translating strategy into operational plans and driving their execution.
- Success planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Three or more years of experience in business management overseeing and directing multiple teams concurrently.
- Robust Project Management skill set
- Excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication skills - with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical skills that quantify impacts and lead to creative solutions.
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.