Field Sales Lead
Sales & Business Development
Bethesda, MD, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
We’re building the more sustainable future of commerce in cities and we’re backed by the best VC partners, including Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, First Round and Construct Capital. We're on a mission to make everyday sustainable choices effortless and solve one of the most consequential problems of our generation by building the first ever zero-waste two-way last-mile logistics network that'll power the future of commerce.
Looking for a flexible and exciting opportunity to represent a mission-oriented local start-up?
Field Sales Leads are the face and voice of The Rounds’ mission. Our team is growing rapidly and we are looking for persuasive/conversion-minded Field Sales Leads to help us acquire new customers on the spot by supporting our in-person events, building partnerships, planning and prepping for our field sales events, and providing real time feedback to our Field Sales Operator team. Field Sales Leads should be passionate about sustainability + zero-waste grocery deliveries, and effectively communicate this excitement at pop-up events in order to increase membership on The Rounds’ platform, organized to service buildings and execute events, and be a leader that can give clear feedback.
- Represent The Rounds at outside events such as farmers markets, luxury apartment building happy hours, neighborhood events, and various other marketing events
- Sell The Rounds service in a friendly and professional manner
- Actively engage foot traffic to maximize sales opportunities
- Work closely with a small team of Field Sales Operators
- Tailor your sales pitch depending on the person you’re speaking with (i.e. sustainability-minded, convenience-motivated, family of 4, etc.)
- Sell The Rounds Membership to potential members, convert those leads into Customers and help them build their first order
- Lead sales operations necessary to facilitate your sales activity and events, such as set-up/take-down, partner relationships, signage, and other event related tasks
- Work directly with building management to prepare communications to their residents about the Rounds and setup signage to drive memberships
- Provide real-time and post event feedback to Field Sales Operators
- A friendly, sociable person who is excited to talk to others
- A persuasive/conversion-minded person
- A hard worker who is eager to challenge themselves
- Enthusiastic about sustainability and/or entrepreneurship
- Team Player: Natural collaborator contributing to the success of fast-growing team
- Experienced in retail, customer service, hospitality, or sales
- Authorized to work in the United States
- A valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance policy and the ability to travel within the territory.
- Able to lift 50 lbs and remain on your feet for the duration of a 3-4 hour event
Benefits, Hours & Pay:
- This position pays an hourly rate of $22 per hour + uncapped commission
- This is a full-time position that will require flexible scheduling and weekend availability
- Commission-based role with performance-based compensation: Field Sales Leads will be paid $10 per conversion commission on all eligible conversions that occur while employed by The Rounds.
Here at The Rounds, we’re looking for fast learners with a passion for sustainability. People succeed in our Company culture when they are intensely focused on our Members and are energized by and have the work ethic to solve hard problems Our goal is to do the best work of our careers here.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description, especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We have a diverse set of problems to solve and need a diverse set of perspectives to imagine a greener future and build what’s missing; including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, and dis/ability.