Alexandria, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
We’re building the more sustainable future of commerce in cities and we’re backed by the best VC partners, including Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, First Round and Construct Capital. We're on a mission to make everyday sustainable choices effortless and solve one of the most consequential problems of our generation by building the first ever zero-waste two-way last-mile logistics network that'll power the future of commerce.
The Rounds is looking for a motivated Dishwasher Associate who thrives in a face-paced, physical environment and wants to make an impact in making our neighborhoods greener. You will be responsible for cleaning the jars and containers we receive back from our members to fulfill our zero waste mission. Your day-to-day efforts will support aggressive growth and expansion at a rapidly growing, early-stage startup.
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen/dishwashing area
- Assist with various tasks and cleaning duties as needed
- Collect, load, and wash used jars and containers using commercial machinery or by hand
- Wash and dry specific items by hand
- Check washing machines' operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Remove garbage regularly and sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in all storage areas
- Comply with Department of Health established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards
- Drive a company vehicle between locations as needed
- Member Obsessed: Detailed oriented and can-do attitude to provide the best member experience at all times
- Ready & Reliable: Excellent attention to detail, time management, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Team Player: Natural collaborator contributing to the success of a fast-growing, mission-driven team
- Must be 21 years old with a valid driver’s license
- Previous work experience as a dishwasher, porter, or busser
- Must understand and execute food safety and sanitation protocols
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily standing
- Ability to lift 50lbs
Here at The Rounds, we’re looking for fast learners with a passion for sustainability. People succeed in our Company culture when they are intensely focused on our Members and are energized by and have the work ethic to solve hard problems Our goal is to do the best work of our careers here.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description, especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We have a diverse set of problems to solve and need a diverse set of perspectives to imagine a greener future and build what’s missing; including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, and dis/ability.