Last Mile Operations Lead
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
We’re building the more sustainable future of commerce in cities and we’re backed by the best VC partners, including Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, First Round and Construct Capital. We're on a mission to make everyday sustainable choices effortless and solve one of the most consequential problems of our generation by building the first ever zero-waste two-way last-mile logistics network that'll power the future of commerce.
Dispatch Manager / Last Mile Lead
The Rounds is looking for a motivated Last Mile Lead who thrives in a fast-paced, physical environment and wants to make an impact in making our neighborhoods greener. You will be responsible for supporting our last mile operations including the supervision of delivery associates to ensure quality & efficiency in day-to-day operations to meet our goals. Your efforts will support aggressive growth and expansion at a rapidly growing, early-stage startup.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of our delivery team, including drivers and bike riders
- Mentor and develop the team to ensure quality and on-time delivery
- Plan and supervise delivery routes, providing support to drivers as needed
- Coordinate pickups and deliveries, effectively managing the delivery team
- Assign routes daily and manage resources efficiently
- Schedule maintenance and oversee the day-to-day operations of the delivery team
- Lead the onboarding, training, and performance management of new associates
- Ensure quality and efficiency in last mile operations
- Uphold an excellent member experience and foster team collaboration
- Deliver when necessary and handle material management duties
- Member Obsessed: Detailed oriented and can-do attitude to provide the best member experience at all times
- Ready & Reliable: Excellent attention to detail, time management, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Team Player: Natural collaborator contributing to the success of a fast-growing, mission-driven team
- Experience in dispatching, driving, or managing in a similar role
- Proven experience in managing a fast-growing team
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of multitasking effectively
- Proficiency in routing software and basic tech applications
- Proficiency in G-Suite, Slack, and strong computer skills. OnFleet proficiency is a bonus!
- Capable of walking, bending, squatting, climbing, reaching, and kneeling
- Able to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds
- Willing and able to deliver when required
Here at The Rounds, we’re looking for fast learners with a passion for sustainability. People succeed in our Company culture when they are intensely focused on our Members and are energized by and have the work ethic to solve hard problems Our goal is to do the best work of our careers here.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description, especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We have a diverse set of problems to solve and need a diverse set of perspectives to imagine a greener future and build what’s missing; including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, and dis/ability.