Database Support Engineer (Weekends/India)
Timescale is hiring a Database Support Engineer for our growing international team in India! The right candidates will be comfortable providing deep technical support and interacting with customers on a day-to-day basis. You should have deep experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL is a strong plus!) and must be able to gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB quickly. You should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first. Timescale is a remote-first organization; these are full-time positions with a preferred location in India time zones to ensure we have full coverage for the team.
These are permanent, weekend roles with 4-day, 10-hour shifts, Friday-Monday.
We have one position open this shift time:
- 11 pm - 9 am IST
Be familiar with TimescaleDB! You will get HUGE bonus points for going through the tutorials before you meet with a team member 🐯https://docs.timescale.com/tutorials/latest/nyc-taxi-cab/
What You Will Do:
- Work with our customers across a wide range of topics: from basic administration of TimescaleDB to deep consultative conversations around design, optimization, and implementation
- Manage support cases from beginning to end.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with our customers to help them be successful.
- Be curious, always willing to learn, and always looking for ways to improve our products, our processes, and our culture.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Relational DB experience at scale: administration, data modeling, query optimization
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL a strong plus!)
- Experience as a technical support professional with external customers.
- Strong aptitude to understand and learn new software products.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express patience and empathy when troubleshooting complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
Other Things that Will Help:
- Be familiar with TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply.
- Familiarity with broad cloud computing concepts and experience with AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with Relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data modeling tools.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, including best practices, Query Plan analysis, backup/restore, migrations, etc
- A strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to wade into the unknown and learn as you go.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing to Timescale's Applicant Privacy Notice.