Mid-Market Account Manager (Insurance)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF and Chicago. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Location Eligibility: This position is not eligible for employment in the following locations: California, NY Metro, or Washington State.
- Establish trusted relationships with our customers
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Engage in retention efforts and proactively account round assigned renewal portfolio
- Manage growing accounts, including selling products and advising on risk solutions
- Ensure clients are comfortable with and able to utilize the tools/services available through Vouch platform
- Drive additional value by identifying follow-up opportunities for Vouch
- Analyze existing insurance packages and evaluate risk
- Preparation and presentation of submissions to insurance companies, coordinating with brokers and placement specialists as needed
- Coordinate billing based on client/carrier instructions and assist in collections as needed
- 3+ years of Account Management experience within the Commercial Insurance space, ideally with exposure to technology companies
- Strong preference of prior working experience in the following commercial lines:
- Business Owners Package (BOP) or GL
- Worker’s Compensation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, coachable, proactive, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Strong Sales, Communication, and Marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate success with managing tight time frames and high volumes of work
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
- Experience working with high-growth renewals in an insurance context (e.g., venture-backed startups and/or technology companies)
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $85,000 per year, including on target variable pay.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Something looks off?