Insurance Advisor, Startups (Chicago)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for technology companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our clients – high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF and Chicago. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.) While this role has remote work flexibility, we have a preference for this role to be based at the epicenter of the category: Chicago.
As a member of the sales team, you will be responsible for ensuring our clients have a great experience through the sales and onboarding process. Insurance Advisors interact directly with our clients through email, Zoom calls, and other communication tools to advise them on the appropriate coverages for their companies and help them satisfy third party contract requirements for coverage.
- Identify our client’s risk profile, advise them on appropriate risk management best practices as a licensed professional, and assist with the purchase of coverage
- Plan and execute daily sales activities such as conducting Zoom calls with clients, responding to emails, and creating appropriate documentation in our CRM
- Deliver consistent and timely responses, follow-through, and follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Maintain a healthy pipeline and conduct pipeline reviews with your manager
- Ensure clients are comfortable with and able to utilize the tools/services available through the Vouch platform
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of sales, brokerage, underwriting, or customer service experience within the insurance industry
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to be agile and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses competitive drive to outperform peers and continuously improve hard and soft skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Ability to drive success through ambiguous and complex situations
- Takes initiative to problem solve when meeting resistance
- Empathy with Intention. Ability to effectively and quickly build trust and rapport, but still maintain structure and purpose within the conversation.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Commercial P&C coverage lines
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Experience working within a CRM and multiple communication tools (Salesforce, ZenDesk, etc.)
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay for this role is $90,000 per year, including on-target variable pay.
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to . #LI-Remote